Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: outlaw hubs

Originally posted by 525polaris10
    Well if I extended the front by 2.5in (like i said i got the rath arms on there) the back wouldn't be as wide. So to make it even all around the offset I got on the rims would equal everything out and make the rear the same as the front.
    Now that it doesn't fit correctly to make it work I had to order the spacer which will now bring the back .5in wider than the front.
    I know you dont have much of a choice at this point, but on the last IRS i rode where the rear was wider than the front it was VERY pushy in the corners. When the rear is wider then the front youve pretty much made a triangle type figure where the front cant control the rear as well, so you will find yourself turning your bars and nothing happening...

like i said though, doesnt sound like you got much choice..
    * Spode Freestyler *

Team Spode Racing

Thank you to my sponsors: DWT, Motoworks, Lone Star Racing, Dirt Fiend Racing, Go Pro Cameras, Amsoil, Spy Optics, Motoconcepts, We All Ride Clothing, Leatt Braces, ODI Grips

2004 YFZ450

.5in is not going to make a difference in your triangled theory here. Plus the rath arms have a caster adj. And mine are slightly angled in. You should make your own tread for the people that want to switch there stock rims around to make it 10in wider than stock. Then your theory will be correct and they will also break there hubs in half wit all the weight.
    2010 525 irs
    got some goodies.

1 inch made a difference. I'm just saying buddy it
    Might make it push in the corners.

( ps most people have their rear narrower than their front even if it's just 1 inch for a reason, your going the opposite, have fun )
    * Spode Freestyler *

Team Spode Racing

Thank you to my sponsors: DWT, Motoworks, Lone Star Racing, Dirt Fiend Racing, Go Pro Cameras, Amsoil, Spy Optics, Motoconcepts, We All Ride Clothing, Leatt Braces, ODI Grips

2004 YFZ450

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12