Thread: 460?

460?

so i wasnt paying attention and didnt notice that my connecting rod was bad b4 i bought my piston and bored it and what not stupid me so then since im going to have to split the case i thought since i have to do that i might as well make it worthwhile and get a stroker crank i know that if you get those you have to run the hot rods piston and put a new sleeve in but i was wanting to know can you run a normal 89mm sleeve then or do you have to by a sleeve from them
    Honda 400ex
    416 wiseco 10:1 forged piston,hot rod HD crank cometic gaskets,stage 2 hotcam, FMF titanium 4 exhaust, K&N air filter,renthal front &rear sprockets,Duro Berm Raider rears,stock fronts,More to come

Any 440 sleeve should work to my knowledge.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

thatz what i thought then i seen somebody on ebay say there was a specific sleeve you needed and i didnt believe but i wanted to make sure so i didnt have to spend more money
    Honda 400ex
    416 wiseco 10:1 forged piston,hot rod HD crank cometic gaskets,stage 2 hotcam, FMF titanium 4 exhaust, K&N air filter,renthal front &rear sprockets,Duro Berm Raider rears,stock fronts,More to come

They have a specific sleeve for the 460 stroker that doesn't have the step in it where it goes into the crankcase I had to actually cut away some case to make it fit .....we tried the regular 440 sleeve and it cracked on the bottom where it was so thin
    2000 426 ex
    13.5 : 1 comp. je ultralight
    Stage 3 hotcam
    port and polish job
    +1 kibble white valves and springs
    450 tc
    procom cdi and amr monster coil procom voltage reg.
    k/n air filter
    full hmf exhaust
    custom air scoops
    tusk nerf bars
    renthal bars
    power mad hand gaurds
    xtc flame p/b blockoff
    renthal chain 16-36 sprockets
    itp hole shots 20f--18r
    450r 42mm carb

uggh damn more money i dont know if im even going to do it now but if it you did use the 440 sleeve where at did you have to cut it
    Honda 400ex

I have had the regular 89mm sleeve in mine for the past 3 years with no problems.
    Originally posted by Pappy
    Get them hammered at a wedding and the panties drop greg

Originally posted by skullracer34
    They have a specific sleeve for the 460 stroker that doesn't have the step in it where it goes into the crankcase I had to actually cut away some case to make it fit .....we tried the regular 440 sleeve and it cracked on the bottom where it was so thin
    400 ex cases are notorious for being out of round your supposed to have .020 gap between your sleeve and your case opening ,do a search before you build