Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XC Raptor 90

XC Raptor 90

Just wanted to post up some pics for guys that may be thinking about a Raptor 90 for XC racing. I was disapointed with the little quad in stock form, but it has responded well to the few mods I've done to it so far.

I took the plastic off to get the the back of the air box, there is an extra piece screwed onto the back of it that restricts the airflow a lot, I took that off. Added an HMF full system, rejetted the carb and replaced the CDI with a Procom unit. All-in-all, nice power gains. I put some spacers on all 4 corners and changed the wheels and tires to DWT with the Jr XC tires, 8" rear and 10" front wheels. This little quad has much more giddy-up to it now and got my girl much closer to the 2strokes. The new tires are so much better than stock, especially the fronts, steers like it should now.

Here's a pick of my 8yo girl at our last race.

I'll probably take the air box completely off and richen the carb up some more to see if I can get it any faster without going into the engine.
    '09 Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR XC Racer
    2010 35+B Class Champion

heres a pic of our new raptor
    Attached Images Attached Images

new 700 raptor bumper
    longer upper bolts and spacers any 700 raptor bumper fits right on.

Very nice quad, I'm jealous, that's the one Laz at GT Thunder just sold isn't it? Man that little quad should haul the mail. I talked to Laz on the phone the day Brandon listed it on ebay, he told me about it, but it is just too far for me to drive to buy a quad. I hope you plan on racing it, let me know how it does on the track.
    2010 35+B Class Champion

What wheel and tire combos are you guys running? and have you had any issues with the wheel spacers cracking?? Thanks

We run: rear: Douglas .125 8x6 with DWT Jr XC tires, 18x6-8. Front: Douglas .160 10x5 with DWT Jr XC tires 19x6-10.

Haven't had any problems so far with wheels spacers cracking. You have to be careful getting spacers for the front because of the hub. I got these from a guy on ebay and they didn't fit the front at first. I took some measurements and sent them back to him and he machined them out to fit, now they are perfect. You definately need spacers with the wheels we run. The stock wheels have very little backspacing and aftermarket wheels have more backspacing, making the spacers mandatory, at least if you don't want the quad to get super narrow.
    2010 35+B Class Champion

BTW I recently upgraded the stock carb to a Del Lorto carb from GT Thunder. I tried to put a Keihen PE carb but couldn't get the throttle cable worked out because of the stock throttle housing. I called GT Thunder and they have a carb that comes with a new throttle cable and Uni filter. The new carb works great, the little quad has much better throttle responce now, with no off-idle bog like it had before. Haven't seen it race with the new carb yet, it will be this weekend, hope it gets my girl closer to the 2strokes.
    2010 35+B Class Champion

new nerf

pic 2

our bike has gt thunder a-arms with 4-1 wheels and they rub the a-arms just slightly on a full turn both ways. also have gt thunders carb and there is no bog pulls strong from bottom all the way through. We will be racing this bike for the first time this week end I think it can run in the woods with the 2 strokes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast