Thread: new front brakes= wheels wont turn???

new front brakes= wheels wont turn???

Hey folks, I put new brakes on our 03 ex400 last night.
    Compressed the calipers using a c clamp just like the back brakes.
    But now the front wheels (both of them) are sticking and it is like you are hitting the brakes when you ride it..
    Did I miss something?
    Thanks in advance.

Ride it a little longer, pads should wear a little and be alright....or your calipers are frozen. By that I mean they need replaced or re built.
    1984 Honda 200M ATC
    1985 Honda 200X ATC
    1986 Honda 200X ATC
    1999 Honda 406EX....11:1, Web Cam / Hardened rockers. Ported. WB CDI. CT Racing header. WB E-Series slip on. Lonestar swinger.
    2001 Honda/KTM 520 Hybrid Quad. Its like a 400EX but twice the horsepower.
    2014 Artic Cat Wildcat Trail XT

Quote Originally Posted by DragonGunner View Post
    Ride it a little longer, pads should wear a little and be alright....or your calipers are frozen. By that I mean they need replaced or re built.
    yep the slides on the caliper are frozen up. the caliper should be able to slide on the pins on the mounting plate with the bolt holes. I have never had any luck fixing front brakes when they are froze up like that, ive always just got some more used calipers. would be a good time to look into some yfz 450 front brake calipers. they bolt straight up, and are 10x better than the 400ex calipers.

Quote Originally Posted by 400man View Post
    yep the slides on the caliper are frozen up. the caliper should be able to slide on the pins on the mounting plate with the bolt holes. I have never had any luck fixing front brakes when they are froze up like that, ive always just got some more used calipers. would be a good time to look into some yfz 450 front brake calipers. they bolt straight up, and are 10x better than the 400ex calipers.
    X2 with some steel braided lines
    2002 400ex
    Fmf powerbomb header with White bros r4 slip on-Houser +2 steering stem w/ flex bars-Uni filter w/ pre filter and air box lid pre filter-Houser xc nerfbars
    Rear razr xc
    Front razr 2's
    Yfz front calipers-Front elka long travel stage 2 / laeger +1 long travel a arms-Lone star 1 1/4 swinger with gtthunder xc linkage and rear shock done by gtthunder 426 11:1 comp oversized oil tank ims oversized gas tank laker plastics