Thread: honda 400ex rebuild

honda 400ex rebuild

i would like to put new piston rings, and install a new carburator in my '01 honda 400ex. could anyone give me instructions on the piston rings, i can already take the plastics off, i just need some instruction on the engine dissassembly and re assembly part...thank you.

I think the best thing is to get a Clymer service manual and go from there....
    2007 TRX400EX Sold & missed!
    2014 Polaris Sportsman 570 (awesome 4x4 quad)

There's a entire DIY on this, I just rebuilt my 400ex using it. Let me find it and share the link.

http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...tml#post221864

get a yfz450 carb bigger for more power, and an easier swap thanthe 450r carb
    2003 400ex
    powermadd star series handguards w/wrap-powermadd gauntlets-elka stage 3 front shock-tusk nerfs- 11:1 piston-full fmf-gtt xc link-oury grips-909 bars-precision anti-vibe clamp-K&N filter-ccp steering stabalizer-oversized oil tank

First of may I ask if you are an experienced mechanic, and do you have the tools on doing it? If not better to have it done in a shop to avoid messing it out. If your a mechanic I agree get a Clymer service manual to guide you in doing this. Good luck.