Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 400ex key problems

got the neutral light figured out, the wire was loose, pushed it back on and seems to be working fine.....now if i can just figure out the key switch everything would be great

at least you got one fixed. progress is good.

it is possible that is not grounding out properly somewhere if it stays running after the key turns off but i am not 100% on how it does it. It may just cut the power thru the wire in a normally closed switch style when it is in the "on/run" position then open when it is turned off. I am not 100% how that switch is so it may be good to check out the wiring diagram.

how do you turn it off if the key doesnt- killswitch on the bars?

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

yeah i was glad to atleast have one problem fixed.. im not really sure on the ignition either, i have checked the wires running to the it and everything seems fine with that, but you might have a good idea on the grounds cause i know sometimes stuff not well grounded will do crazy stuff. this is my first 400ex. ive had other quads and other honda dirt bikes. do you happen to know where the ground locations are because i havent gotten a manual for this thing yet. oh yeah and when the key wont turn it off i just hit the kill switch on the bars

i think it is the key its self ur haveing the problems with i bet if u got a new one it would solve ur problems. they sell them on ebay with the new key for 20-30 dollers or so. if nothing else works thats what i would do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12