Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing More Ram

Question Installing More Ram

I just had my net changed from dialup to cable and the guy said Id probably want to upgrade my ram, said they suggest 128.
    I just kind of knodded my head and was like ok...I really dont have a clue what to do. Is this something I can do on my own or is it pretty complicated. And where would I go to find some ram other than the local dodge dealer
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

its easy as **** to install...

to order cheap (but good) RAM go to...
    www.crucial.com

All you have to do is take the case apart and fine probably 3 slots that have a little card of RAM (might be 1-3 cards) just add the additional RAM or take out on stick of the old RAM and plug the new stick in, put everything back together, and restart. Done.
    Preston
    **FOR SALE** - '02 Yellow 400ex:WB Pro Meg, +2 Burgard a-arms, Works Triple Rates w/ rezzies, Pro Armor nerfs, Renthal bars, WB PB block off, RTC perch

You don't even have 128 ram? heh, was your computer made in the 1980's? lol, Jk..

Ya ram is easy to install. Crucial.com has good prices and good quality.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

What are you going to be doing with the pc? Playing games online? Just surfing and email? If you plan on playing games online, I would suggest 256 instead of 128. IMO
    Preston
    **FOR SALE** - '02 Yellow 400ex:WB Pro Meg, +2 Burgard a-arms, Works Triple Rates w/ rezzies, Pro Armor nerfs, Renthal bars, WB PB block off, RTC perch

Its only about 3-4 years old and I dont have a clue how to figure out what I already have in it.
    And I just surf, dont do the pc gaming thing...thats what the ps2 is for
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

Originally posted by fearthisracer
    Its only about 3-4 years old and I dont have a clue how to figure out what I already have in it.
    And I just surf, dont do the pc gaming thing...thats what the ps2 is for
    right click 'start' , left click" explore", right click "my computer", left click properties, then click in the 'general' tab. It well say your ram.

256 is like the bare min. nowadays. I got 640 ..woo whoo
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Or you can get ram here Mem Man

You probably need the pc 100 ram. Check your users guide on your Mother Board to see what it supports. Doesn't pay to buy pc 133 if it only supports pc 100.
    Quadless!!!

im running 1 gigabyte of ddr 400....:devil

1 gig PC 133 here...

You can upgrade to 256 for very little money.. It will make a noticeable difference, especially if your upgrading from 64..

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

just be careful on the inside of the computer always keep yourself grounded...
    and make sure you dont have a gateway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast