Thread: e series disks

J25 Guest

e series disks

ok what will happen if you take some out???

i have mine the way it comes stock w/ a 160 mj, should i try takin some out or what?

Taking discs out will give you more back pressure, better low end, and make it alittle quieter. But by doing that and depending on how many you take out you might have to go a step down on your jet.

what is back pressure?
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

umm its back pressure.. held exaust pressure is the best way i can think of describing it, lkike blow intop a stray and put ut finger over half, it gets harder to blow because of the backpressure, i took 3 off of mine and i can wheelie in 3rd ghear fully now, i used to have trouble gettin it up in 3rd

I took about 4 out, and mine ran like crap compared to with 12 in it. I run all 12 in it now, and its got good power. Im happy with it. I didnt notice it get that much quieter either.
    01' Honda 400ex
    440 kit 11:1 piston
    Hotcams stage 2
    Port/Polish
    Uni Filter with airlid hole filters
    Elka triple rate front shocks
    Elka Rear Dual Rate Conversion
    DG nerfs
    HMF Full System w/ Blue can
    Tinner Scoops
    Terry cable throttle
    Powermadd Handguards
    Full Frame Guards
    Full Skid Plates
    Powder Coat Orange Frame/ Yellow plastic

personally from my eperience with the e-series 12 discs is pretty much the best you'll see on mine it didn't improve any if you took some away and you really don't need to add any if your motor is stock but if you got the urge go for it what's it goin to hurt

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

When ever i got my e-series they said stick with 12 disks in the owners book. They said dont run it striaght threw becuase it might mess up the power gains or something like that.
    2011 can am ds 450x mx
    Past riders, 300ex, z400

With my 426 I added another 6 discs to it. So now I have 18. With mine I noticed it had more power and is quite louder. I had to laugh when I read the instructions. They said that having only 4 discs on is the same amount of airflow that the stock exhaust puts out. Now that is not very much.
    2000 Honda 400ex, 426 JE piston, Hotcams Stage 2 cam, Ported head, Uni Air filter,WB Rev box White Brothers Pro-Meg exhaust, TCS ZPS fronts, TCS rebuilt ZPS rear, IMS desert tank. IMS Bumper, Tinner airscoops, AC Propegs, Edelbrock Carb, PEP stabilizer, Durablue X-33 axle, Houser +2 a-arms. Maxxis razer rears. 15/36 gearing

AIM naterbwillard

i run 18 on a stock motor, seems to pull down low and still have topend , but if you run 18 dics you will need the longer retaining screws for the dics
    ***Suzuki it's what's for dinner!!***
    02 426 EX, Web 450/451 cam, ported and polished head, Uni air filter,HMF full system, outerwears shock covers,outerwears airbox lid, GCD(tinner) scoops, Gunner kill switch, PEP Steering stablizer, Tag X5 handelbars, AC nerf bars, AC front bumper, Kenda klaw XC on .190 Douglas wheels, ELKA front shocks, braided brake lines, empty wallet
    **shut up voices or I will poke you with another Q-tip**

My boy rides a Lt50