Thread: Dump Trailers

Dump Trailers

Hey guys-

Looking for dump trailer suggestions. I'm looking in the 8'x12' range (negotiable) but am looking thus far at Finish line Trailers and H&H Trailers. Just wondering which trailers you suggest?

Also, I notice most of them (that I am looking at) are built fairly similar (10ga floor, 12 ga sides, ez lube hubs, etc etc). So, what sets them apart? What should I be looking for that makes one work better than the other?

One plus I liked about the Finish Line trailer was the dump angle was said to be 60 degrees where most are around 40-45. I also like the option of being able to open the gates off to the sides (barn door) or use the gate as a spreader gate for gravel.

I'll be towing with both my F150(probably over weight) and when the loads are heavier, my dad's and friends F250's and F350's.

Suggestions/advice is welcome!
    03' Predator, WB Pipe, Twin Air Clamp On, Nicholas Cycle Race Modified Carb, Niicholas Cycle Race Port and Flowed Head, Wiseco 12.5:1 piston, PMR Rear Bumper, HPD Front Bumper, Gunner Tether Cord, Rath Racing Vicous Pegs, Rath Racing headlight covers, Rath Chromoly Fender Brackets, HPD steering dampener, JetBlast air scoops, HPD triple rate springs, Fox rezzies, Lightened 30lbs, Lowered 2 Inches, 2-25 fin inline coolers.

the brimar(sp?) and jimmy are nice trailers. they are stupid expensive

i have a 10,000 lb. bri-mar that i use with my construction company and it has held up good. it has the barn door gates d rings in the bed and ramps mounted under neath. the only problem i have had is my excavator i haul has bent the ramps and now they wont slide into the pockets under the trailer. i notice some are mounting on the outside of the dump body but they rattle there according to a friend that has that type and if the dump is power up and power down it will use up the battery quicker. If you do a lot of hauling and dumping they are a good investment.