Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Livingston, KY

Livingston, KY

A group of us went there Memorial Day weekend of 2001. Lots of rocks. The rocks are in 3 sizes, big, bigger, and that-looks-expensive. Must have been over 2000 people there. Never seen anything like it. 99% of the people just cruised the main road. Get off on the trails and you rarely saw anyone. Quads were out numbered by rail buggys and rock crawlers. Those guys are a lot of fun to watch, mainly because most of them appear to be nuts. It's always fun watching someone else tear up their stuff.

No permits that we were aware of, State Trooper agreed with us. Wear a helmet. Don't go kill yourself and screw up this place for the rest of us. Rumor has it, it's all on private property. The landowners are nice enough to let anyone go ride, so let's not screw it up. Also, from a legal standpoint, were a helmet if you decide to ride to the gas stations. Otherwise the friendly State trooper will hurt your wallet.

I-75 South through KY to Exit 49, Livingston. Turn right at the top of the exit ramp, follow the old road, past the gas stations, up the hill to the right.
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

last time i was there..(boo-bash)last weekend in oct.they were logging in there so the trails should get better or worse all of the whoops on the main trails were gone so the loggers can get to where they need to.you can also ride to daniel boones mx track.that is one sweet track....................
    Paps

Livingston Co. or is it a city? I only know of the county. Other wise youve lost me
    Last edited by Striker49; 12-03-2001 at 07:57 PM.
    2000 Honda 416EX - Sold

1988 Chevrolet Silverado
    5.7L V8 SCSB
    Too much to list and still too much to do.

2002 Stingray 180LS
    3.0L Mercruiser 135 w/ AlphaOne Outdrive

Where?

It is at exit 49 off I-75. That's 49 miles north of the Tenn. border in the Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest. The exit is 5 miles due south of Livingston, the town. The exit sign says Livingston. The next exit south is London, KY. You should be able to find it on a map from that.

The United States of America. We build better bombs. (Free delivery available upon request)

just look for the shell and the 49er truck stop off exit 49 and follow the trail up in to the hills can't miss it!!!!!
    Paps

YEah dude Livingston is PACKED on the weekends. But if you think they've got big rocks there, thats nothing. You otta go to S-Tree, its real close to Livingston, as a matter of fact, you used to be able to ride from Livingston to S-Tree untill they closed the trails connecting the two. But anyways, To make matters even wrose, Ive ridden a Dirt bike down at S-Tree. Big Rocks + Dirt Bike = Ouch.

O, well screw that. I wont be goin there for a long time if ever.
    2000 Honda 416EX - Sold

1988 Chevrolet Silverado
    5.7L V8 SCSB
    Too much to list and still too much to do.

2002 Stingray 180LS
    3.0L Mercruiser 135 w/ AlphaOne Outdrive

How about giving us a post for S-tree Spike, or if not a post then throw us some directions in here! I've upgraded a little since Livingston, full length skids, bead locks, a-arm guards. Where are the "big" rocks?

MP OFFROAD

You guys ever rode at Moutain Parkway Offroad ?
    Its at Clay City, KY, just 30 minutes or so from Lexington. It costs $15 per day but well worth the money, over 2000 acres of clearly marked trails. The best part is no jeeps or buggies allowed, so no deep ruts or getting run off the road by a bunch of drunk idiots. Check it out at http://www.mpoffroad.com
    #72 KCCR

spincr4hire is right it has the best trails i have ever ridden on.huge hills,some rocky trails and many hare scramble trails.you can even ride under mountain pkwy. to a moto-x track but its not that nice of one though,but every thing else is awesome.i would recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!
    Paps

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast