Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College is BS!!!!!!

College is BS!!!!!!

College Is BS.......... here is the deal.

I am a Criminal Justice Major, I have been going for nearly three years to get a B.A. in Criminal Justice. I still have two years left, because the entrance exams are rigged so you have to take BS classes so they make more money.... So far, i have not taken ONE SINGLE FLIPPIN class that has anything to do with police work, or anything that has anything to do with actual Criminal Justice... Its all history about Police, or Jails, or Juvenille Delinquients.... I am just pissed... I am paying $400 bucks a month on an apartment, upwards of $10,000 in tuition and not to mention car insurance, gas money, food, BOOKS .... College is a rip off, I am gonna do one more semester of this BS and if things don't turn around, this college is gonna get my middle finger and a big F U written on the wall of the Law Building.

Sorry guys, i am just seriously fed up.... Mid-term grades came in today and i am failing two of my classes, i work every single free minute of my day to do good in those classes and this is what i get....
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

Keep your head up....the time you invest now will repay you for the rest of your life....
    01 Raptor 686R
    lonestar +3a-arms- +2 swinger/ axcaliber+3/ elka's
    hmf full system-K&N filters
    GYTR full skids-shift lever- brake lever
    yukon tranny-one way starter bearing
    686 wiseco
    cam, oil, speed limiter mods
    3 spark plug head, high vilocity ported, stage 3 cam, maier plastics, gusseted PC'd frame,
    05 Ram reg cab short box
    and a shed full of other toys

I'm in the same boat. It just feels like your getting no where, and that your wasting your time. I'm just trying to keep my head down and chug on and see what kinda decision it was

Originally posted by sexysilverado45
    I'm in the same boat. It just feels like your getting no where, and that your wasting your time. I'm just trying to keep my head down and chug on and see what kinda decision it was
    I feel it... in the field of police work, its either military experience or a degree... I wish now i woulda joined the Coast Guard when i had the offer... woulda saved me all this... College for police officers is dumb, you will never get your money out of it.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

Im doing the whole school thing too sucks but I know when im done with it, I will be able to afford all the toys and have a house.
    02 Yellow 400ex
    HMF Comp
    pro taper fat bars
    razor rears
    full skid plates
    Air scoops pc black
    powermadd hand guards
    Nerfbars with heel guards and pro pegs

Your not the only one, I went to a community college to cut costs and took me 3.5 years. Then took a solid year off. What a mistake I shoulda at least taken 1-2 classes a semester now that I look back on it so I woulda been done sooner.

Im now into my 2nd year at a real university and still only 3/4 done. Alot of what you learn is a general background, Im doing CJ too and the last 4 CJ classes were all background stuff.

You dont learn anything of real value about being an actual cop till you do the academy.

To make matters worse I will now be in school for 8 flipping years! Doctors go only 7 ffs. So trust me I know your pain.

Dont think military expierance helps all that much either. Friend of mine did just that, served 2 years as an MP and STILL couldnt find a job till he took a chance and passed the maryland state troopers exam and did the bootcamp (he said the armys was easier!) and now he gets to patrol lonely county roads 4 days a week making 40 g's a year...

Cheer up man, Im in the same boat as you. 78 creds and I need 120 to grad-thats 12-14 classes. at 4 classes a semester (I think ill try and shoot for 5 if I cant find a job sooner or later) thats at least 2 years.

See look on the bright side, the degree is a good thing once you get it since unlike when our parents we need it to get any decent job, they just needed to haev hs and even then you didnt really need it. I really just wanted to go out and get a job, IDK why but I find work WAY easier than school. Problem is good luck finding a decent paying job without a degree these days.

My cousin is the only example I know of someone without a degree who made it and that was pure luck. He just worked enough as a masons helper and doing pavers and cement that he fell into a much better job-course he also puts in 60 hours a week too.

If I were you I would try and find a uni close to home with the degree you want, move back home and commute. Sure gas and driving there sucks but your gonna save so much otherwise. Thats what Im doing and yea the gas sucks but at least I only pay 5g per semester instead of 35g.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

I going into my senior year at AuburnUniversity, and u just need to buckle down and take 15-18 hrs a semester. It`s not fun and its not easy just get it done.
    PowerMadd
    Four
    ProWorks
    Scott
    Braking
    DeCal Works

I feel your pain but that is what this time in our life entails. Rite now you just have to keep pushing and pushing and keep a positive mental attitude. Also look around the country for police positions I know where I live starting salary for pd is 60g's then after 4 years base salary goes up to 108g's add a little overtime to that and your sitting pretty. Just keep pushing brother it will only make you stronger.
    05 YFZ450 JB/PEP/Rath/Motoworks

i mean do what you want, but its more like no education equals working for the man...education means a possible bein the man...pick your line
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

i deff hate college as well and feel like there just taking my money, but i guess its better to get out and say hey that was a waste of my time, then to be 40 and wished i stayed in school so i could have a better job.

i have a buddy that was all jacked up to go to college, saying its going to be so fun and all that, i warned him but he still went in expecting fun, 2 weeks later he was like, im just taking more high school classes and not one class about my major, i didnt think i was going to have to sit through english and math again, needless to say he only lasted a couple more weeks
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast