Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2011 AMA ATV Motocross Nationals #2 - Mill Creek - Live ATV Race Coverage

I can't speak for the series, but I would as well like to see Pro Am run on saturday. I know we discussed this at length prior to the season and in all honesty, it wasnt in our budget to have someone at the event for two days, luckily we have been able to make sure we got atleast the 1st Pro AM motos covered from the first two rounds but there is no garuntee we can stay and do them at remaining rounds. IMO, Pro AM to saturday and Pro AM Unlimited to sunday.

The place was a ghost town today, and it was the same at round one as far as spectators. I cant imagine a company(s) staying strong with support in Pro AM if they do not get the press and exposure they need and want. Just my 2 cents
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I don't like the fact that there is no coverage either for Pro-Am. Yes, I have a rider there, and yes he does have some GREAT sponsors, but if a rider is trying to build their name to get sponsors in the future, how is no coverage going to better the sport. I agree with yfz47, last year the pro-am races were as exciting or more exciting than the pro races. There were always qualifiers, sometimes 3 gates of them......now look at it...17 riders this past weekend.

I also feel that with the Pros running on Saturday, that it will hurt the spectators as a whole, because they have to pay the extra $5.00 to get in on Saturday versus Sunday only entrance. Now $5.00 may not sound like much, but you take a family of 4, thats an extra $20.00. It would be wonderful if all of the Saturday spectators came back for Sunday, but its obvious its not happening. If they are going to pay for the two day admission, why not let the Pros run one moto on Saturday and one on Sunday, as well as the Pro-Am Production class. There is nothing that sets the Pro-Am Production class away from the amatuer classes anyway, now that they don't have a set time to race like before.

I'll get off my soap box now and let someone else take over. lol Just my opinion.

I do like getting out of there early on Sunday but..... I do think the Pro Am Production deserve's the coverage they have gotten in the past. Last season that was one of the best races of the weekend . They also had huge gates with lots of riders. With no coverage the class is sure to dwindle in numbers and that in turn will end up hurting the Pro class all over again. I do think the ATVA is trying to salvage the series but they need to make sure they dont get tunnel vision and stay focused on the big picture. If you dont have ameture riders coming through the ranks there will be no riders to fill the Pro or Pro Am riders in the future.

On another note someone needs to work on setting these races up so we are not running from one side of the U.S. to the other once we get up North. Seems they could figure out a way to schedule these races so you could stage you equipment and riders without having to run back and forth from race to race. PA to Minnesota.... then back to Ohio.... Come on thats a little crazy
    Thank you to all our sponsors: Root River Racing, JB Racing, RAGE atv, FTR Graphics, Pepsi, Power Madd, Spider Grips, Engine Ice, ITP, RPM Dominator, DWT, Rebel Gear, ASV,

Have a blessed day and ride hard!!

The Sellers Family #29

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789