Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4stroke pipe on a 2stroke

4stroke pipe on a 2stroke

Some one answerd this for me few years ago but what would happen if you took th fatty off and put a reg 4 stroke pipe on or vise versa?
    Originally posted by ProspectorJim
    But if we deport all the illegals, who will vote for the democrats?

I have always wondered this and wanted to experiement but I simply do not have the $$$$ to do so! hah

I think a 4T pipe on a 2T would create massive torque because if you look at all the trials bikes that is the kind of pipes they have.. I am not sure a 4T could run on a 2T pipe due to the small exiting hole, unless it was either a small bore 4T or you modified it. But I think it would be create lots of top end power.. but I'm not sure on either! haha It would be fun to experiement on though!
    ~~Colton~~

My MySpace Page <-- ADD ME!

My FaceBook Page <-- ADD ME!

If you need to E-Mail me E-Mail me @ WannaBXCR@yahoo.com

Some one answerd this for me few years ago but what would happen if you took th fatty off and put a reg 4 stroke pipe on or vise versa?
    It will sound like it has two extra strokes of power LMAO!
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

2-stroke pipes are very particular in design. The fat section of the pipe is very crucial in creating power, it helps to remove exhaust gas, but probably more important, it helps keep the fresh fuel/air mixture inside the cylinder instead of letting it escape out the exhaust port.

A 4-stroke doesn't need this because it has valves. The exhaust valve closes, and that's what keep the fresh fuel/air inside the cylinder, it doesn't need a pressure wave coming from the pipe.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

braap ding ding ding. braap ding ding ding...

sounds like a winner to me. who needs an expansion chamber.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Originally posted by wilkin250r
    2-stroke pipes are very particular in design. The fat section of the pipe is very crucial in creating power, it helps to remove exhaust gas, but probably more important, it helps keep the fresh fuel/air mixture inside the cylinder instead of letting it escape out the exhaust port.

A 4-stroke doesn't need this because it has valves. The exhaust valve closes, and that's what keep the fresh fuel/air inside the cylinder, it doesn't need a pressure wave coming from the pipe.
    Exactly, it will not work. The motor will run but it will have no power.
    Bikeless.

two stroke pipes are tuned by trial and error for specific applications. i.e. XC racing, MX, drag, duning...etc.

a race two stroke engine probably has triple the time invested in R&D for pipe, port, carb and intake than any four stroke race engine.

cam design can be done solely with a computer program. port layout isnt necessarily done in a fundamental fashion. some guys do it just by experience through R&D. others, take info from a computer and apply with simple rotary tools.

all this is playing a role in two stroke pipe development. on a four stoke it basically comes down to diameter and type of silencer clambering a pipe is using.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Originally posted by wilkin250r

couldnt have said it better. without an expansion chamber, a kx250 will run like an xr100
    2009 KTM450XC.

How to the trials bikes run?? I honestly do not know.. is it all in the porting?
    ~~Colton~~

My MySpace Page <-- ADD ME!

My FaceBook Page <-- ADD ME!

If you need to E-Mail me E-Mail me @ WannaBXCR@yahoo.com

I don't know about all trials bikes, but I know the Gas Gas is a popular one, and it's a 4-stroke. It LOOKS like a 2-stroke because it's a side-valve engine.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast