Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% Water Ran Vehicle

Question 100% Water Ran Vehicle

Hey guys! With the gas prices so high, I've been thinking about attempting to turn my 1987 Ford Ranger (2.0L Inline 4, 5 spd. 2x4) into running completely on water (or hydrogen).

Has anyone researched this topic? I have found many kits where it runs half water half gas, but I'd like to run on 100% hydrogen. Think about this: in the morning, pull over your garden hose, stick it in your gas tank, and fill it up!

How difficult and expensive do you think the conversion may be?

Thank You!
    Colton W.
    ~~Colton~~

My MySpace Page <-- ADD ME!

My FaceBook Page <-- ADD ME!

If you need to E-Mail me E-Mail me @ WannaBXCR@yahoo.com

I looked into it-bottom line it turned out to either be a bunch of bs with those kits they sell or so much work it wasnt worth it.

Find a small diesel out of a VW TDI or a toyota and slap it in there-excellent MPG and plenty of power
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Diesel is $4.00 a gallon..
    ~~Colton~~

Originally posted by Brauap
    Diesel is $4.00 a gallon..
    yes diesel might be that high but you dont realize you can get better mpg out of them.

my stepdads stock 03 duramax which is a heavy truck is getting 21-22mpg which is awsome for a 7000lb truck.
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

However, now you got me thinking about a diesel swap. A 1.6 or even a 1.9 TDI swap would be pretty cool I think..

what kind of gas milage do you think I could get with such a small truck?
    ~~Colton~~

just get u a small mid 90s forein truck like a nissan or toyota or an early 90s izuzu all thes trucks get over thirty miles to the gallon and have good power for thier size i have a 97 nissan and average 31 miles to the gallon with a 400 pound quad in the back on stop and go type terrain average closer to 35 on long distance drives with gas going up u couldnt buy this truck from me for 5 times the blue book on it
    pretty much stock on floats with the rear to match

However, now you got me thinking about a diesel swap. A 1.6 or even a 1.9 TDI swap would be pretty cool I think..

what kind of gas milage do you think I could get with such a small truck?
    gearing and weight difference is where it would be at.
    04 dodge cummins 6 speed
    Houser crf hybrid
    08 trx450r

Re: 100% Water Ran Vehicle

Hey guys! With the gas prices so high, I've been thinking about attempting to turn my 1987 Ford Ranger (2.0L Inline 4, 5 spd. 2x4) into running completely on water (or hydrogen).

Has anyone researched this topic? I have found many kits where it runs half water half gas, but I'd like to run on 100% hydrogen. Think about this: in the morning, pull over your garden hose, stick it in your gas tank, and fill it up!

How difficult and expensive do you think the conversion may be?

Thank You!
    Colton W.

Never gonna happen... I do know there are some hydrogen cars out there.. Just not many.. All the gas companies would loose their shirt.. And plus just imagine how much the government would charge us for water..

James

We're looking at a 3000lb vehicle with stock gearing.. with a 1.6 TDI what kind of mileage do you think I could expect?
    ~~Colton~~

Re: Re: 100% Water Ran Vehicle

Originally posted by JForestZ34
    Never gonna happen... I do know there are some hydrogen cars out there.. Just not many.. All the gas companies would loose their shirt.. And plus just imagine how much the government would charge us for water..

James
    I was thinking the same thing.. is a majority of the cars in the U.S. ran on water.. water would probably be $3.50-4.00 a gallon as well. Man.. don't you hate how they have us by the balls??
    ~~Colton~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast