Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stage 2 hotcam

stage 2 hotcam

i have a stage 2 hotcam in my bike rite now with a standard bore with curtis sparks exhaust and 11:1 high compression standard piston?! im still getting beat my stock 400. I want to know if the stage 2 cam is meant for bore kits such as the 416 and 426 and not a stock bore?!

I think the standard piston is 10:1 compression. I don't see how you're getting beat by a stock 400ex
    Honda 400ex, YELLOW!
    *Sparks X-6 Exhaust
    *Blingstar Iron Cross
    *Tusk Nerf Bars
    *Uni Air Filter, no Air box lid
    *Semi-Professional driver
    Y4R 2/2 starter!
    Honda 500 Foreman
    Kawafreakinsaki Brute Force 750

Can-Am Renegade 800 Xxc(It came, and it burned )
    "A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't"

9.1:1 is stock comp. the stage 2 should be alright with 11:1 no matter what the bore really. i guess it is hard to say, could be jetting poor ring seat, alot of different things.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

actually i think the stock is a 9 to something compression

the stage 2 is a fine cam to run with a stock bore especially b/c u have a higher compression. but it would add more if u had a bore job.

things like this come up all the time. I would just swap bikes with him and see who wins b/c he might just be a better rider

Stock compression is lower than 10:1. I think its actually in the 8.5 to 9:1 area. Drag racing has to many variables to just assume you would beat a stock 400 because you have some engine mods. What surface are you riding on? What kind of traction are you both getting off the line? Who is getting the "holeshot"? Is one rider heavier than the other? Is your clutch slipping? What gearing are you both running? These are just some of the factors.
    2005 400ex

>Wiseco 416
    >Stage 2 Hot Cam and Kibblewhite Valve springs.
    >450r carb
    >FMF PowerCore 4 Slip on
    >K&N Filter
    >Rear razrs mounted on t-9 bajas
    >Rad dual row bearing carrier
    >Tusk nerfs with heel guards
    > Works triple rates

I'll buy the stage two cam if you pull it!

I might be wrong, but I'm not sure the stg 2 is a good cam for a 11:1 stock bore. I think there is not enough CC's to suck the air needed to get a true 11:1 compression, and your lift&duration is too long and let air goes out before the end of the stroke. I think your cam overkill your motor, you should drop to stage 1, go bigger bore or go higher c/r at least 12:1

I'll go bigger, at least a 416 11:1
    416 CP 12.5:1, Hotcam stg 3, H2H mid P&P, Race-cut valves, FCR 40 H2H dual spray venturi jet, Flywheel lightened 13.3oz, Cometic gaskets, Roll Design +2+1, DS450x FS, Eyeballs +2 stem, GPR stabilizer, LSR Axel & Carrier, misc parts...

Originally posted by sneaky11
    I might be wrong, but I'm not sure the stg 2 is a good cam for a 11:1 stock bore. I think there is not enough CC's to suck the air needed to get a true 11:1 compression, and your lift&duration is too long and let air goes out before the end of the stroke. I think your cam overkill your motor, you should drop to stage 1, go bigger bore or go higher c/r at least 12:1

I'll go bigger, at least a 416 11:1
    not necessarily. i would look more into doing a compression check, really taking a look at your clutch, or the rider mod. either youre not making as much power due to wear, or you're not putting it to the ground.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

Originally posted by Pipeless416
    not necessarily. i would look more into doing a compression check, really taking a look at your clutch, or the rider mod. either youre not making as much power due to wear, or you're not putting it to the ground.
    Do you think if the clutch was slipping it would make you lose power? Sometimes when I get in 3rd at high revs and I shift to 4th and push the gas it revs out then I have to let go of the throttle and then it will like shift.. When I put on my full exhaust and air filter I really didn't notice a difference in power like I thought I would be able to pull wheelies in 2nd gear and for some reason I can't I'll pull in the lever and pull back and it does't want to come up
    Honda 400ex, YELLOW!
    *Sparks X-6 Exhaust
    *Blingstar Iron Cross
    *Tusk Nerf Bars
    *Uni Air Filter, no Air box lid
    *Semi-Professional driver
    Y4R 2/2 starter!
    Honda 500 Foreman
    Kawafreakinsaki Brute Force 750

Can-Am Renegade 800 Xxc(It came, and it burned )
    "A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't"

Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
    Do you think if the clutch was slipping it would make you lose power? Sometimes when I get in 3rd at high revs and I shift to 4th and push the gas it revs out then I have to let go of the throttle and then it will like shift.. When I put on my full exhaust and air filter I really didn't notice a difference in power like I thought I would be able to pull wheelies in 2nd gear and for some reason I can't I'll pull in the lever and pull back and it does't want to come up

Your clutch slipping will not cause you to have less power. You will still have full power, it just wont get transferred to the rear wheels. If you are noticing the motor rev out but you aren't gaining any speed then yea the clutch is bad.
    2005 400ex

>Wiseco 416
    >Stage 2 Hot Cam and Kibblewhite Valve springs.
    >450r carb
    >FMF PowerCore 4 Slip on
    >K&N Filter
    >Rear razrs mounted on t-9 bajas
    >Rad dual row bearing carrier
    >Tusk nerfs with heel guards
    > Works triple rates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast