Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leager vs lonestar

arms

The original question was about plus 2 a arms so all this talk about frames is crap. Lone Star arms are more adjustable and probably better for anything other than MX as you can slow down the steering. Laegers traditionally have quicker steering and are busier in the rough and not adjustable.But..some frames have short mounting tabs and wont accept the heims of the adjustable arms.Fat old desert racer's 2 cents

Re: arms

Originally posted by ytman
    The original question was about plus 2 a arms so all this talk about frames is crap. Lone Star arms are more adjustable and probably better for anything other than MX as you can slow down the steering. Laegers traditionally have quicker steering and are busier in the rough and not adjustable.But..some frames have short mounting tabs and wont accept the heims of the adjustable arms.Fat old desert racer's 2 cents
    It depends on if they are standard balljoints or protrax. The protrax you will notice a differance, people describe them as being "twitchy". The balljoint Laeger won't be like that.
    1987 250r

2001 laeger 250r narrow frame/cr500 link

Laeger

I have a tweaker neighbor that's like that. "twichy"! LOL, but thats good to know sense I just got my +2 Long travel Pro-trax frontend in the mail today. I've been wanting one since my Lobo doesn't have the options of a Pro-trax. I can't wait to check out the difference between the 2. It may take a while though. Seeing that the laeger build is just a pile of parts right now! LOL!
    2000 Roll Design Lobo w/431 Puma Blown Up!!!
    LRD attitude chassis W/Leager Pro-trax LED 350cc build in the shop just waiting!
    2003 Banshee 4mil stroker by Twister Racing, Done, Runs Killer!!!
    JP chassis w/Sabertooth Drag Build on the back bunner for now
    2006 Yamaha YFZ 450R Special Edition Done
    1987 TRX 250r roller
    2000 something Yamaha Raptor 80cc

a couple more questions...

That's good info ytman. I didn't realize the heims can be a bigger diameter than the bushings style. Are the tabs on the stock frame long enough?
    Are those FullFlight a-arms advertised on ebay any good? I ride recreationally and just bought a wider rear axle and was looking to do something for the front as well. Can you use the stock brake lines with reg travel +2?
    Thanks for your time.
    2007 Honda TRX450ER
    2002 Honda TRX400EX
    1989 Honda TRX250R
    1988 Honda TRX250R
    1984 Honda ATC70

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12