Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will I be okay?

Will I be okay?

Getting a JE High Comp 12.5:1 piston installed next week, running RACE gas 110 oct. Question is, do i need to be jetted with using 110 and having a high comp? Also, Is it a good idea to get the head and cylinder bead blasted?
    2004 Honda TRX450r
    Being built....

if your running 110 then yes jet it to where it runs best with 110.
    Are you talking about the outside of the head and cylinder or actually inside the sleeve?? Where the piston would be haha
    2002 426ex
    white bros. r4 pipe, k&n filter w/outerwares and No lid, wiseco 11:1 426 , kibble white valves, stage 2 cam , 450r carb , +3 timing key , Lonestar +1 1/4 chromed swingarm, g-force +4 axle, Houser silcast +2 ST arms, 450r shocks with works zps triple rate springs , Hiper tech 3 beadlocks (with orange rings soon to be black), maier silver racecut plastic with a QT CF hood
    (work in progress)(NOW PARTING OUT)

03 CRF450r
    (totaled and parting out)
    Now the new toy
    84 Chevy shortbed K10
    7in lift (4 suspension and 3 body)
    35in tires
    350 4spd
    (another work in progress)

Originally posted by PaRedneckRiders
    if your running 110 then yes jet it to where it runs best with 110.
    Are you talking about the outside of the head and cylinder or actually inside the sleeve?? Where the piston would be haha
    Yes, obviously outside. lol. I think it would look 100% cleaner that it does now...
    2004 Honda TRX450r
    Being built....

Do I have to run full 110, or can I mix? Its $5 a gallon here for 110, while $3.19 for 93 pump gas.
    2004 Honda TRX450r
    Being built....

I notice you've got 3 different types of graphics, your grips, and block-off plate, ...
    Your bumper, nerfbars, tires, and throttle cover,...
    listed in you sig, but not much in the way of engine mods.

Before you get this 12.5:1 piston installed,
    you'd better think seriously about having your studs replaced / upgraded by GTT, or your going to be back here very soon asking why you are blowing head gaskets, and leaking oil.

Many other members here, have learned the hard way, and have shared their experiences in the effort to save others from having to deal with the same difficult and expensive issues.

Do it right the first time, or pay triple to have it done right later.

Gee,... I hope I didn't "Sugar-coat" that too much

Originally posted by tri5ron
    I notice you've got 3 different types of graphics, your grips, and block-off plate, ...
    Your bumper, nerfbars, tires, and throttle cover,...
    listed in you sig, but not much in the way of engine mods.

Before you get this 12.5:1 piston installed,
    you'd better think seriously about having your studs replaced / upgraded by GTT, or your going to be back here very soon asking why you are blowing head gaskets, and leaking oil.

Many other members here, have learned the hard way, and have shared their experiences in the effort to save others from having to deal with the same difficult and expensive issues.

Do it right the first time, or pay triple to have it done right later.

Gee,... I hope I didn't "Sugar-coat" that too much
    What do you mean by 3 different types??? Cant I just order new studs from GTT and have my machine shop install them????
    2004 Honda TRX450r
    Being built....

He was poking some fun at you.

Do the GT Thunder studs, having them install them insures they are done correct as they all dont stick out the same lengths and the machine shop might not do it right..
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

So I have to send my cylinder all the way to there shop!!! What is there turn round time?
    2004 Honda TRX450r
    Being built....

Originally posted by CJM
    He was poking some fun at you.

Do the GT Thunder studs, having them install them insures they are done correct as they all dont stick out the same lengths and the machine shop might not do it right..
    CJM is Correct, as well as, they need to be Roll Formed threads, as opposed to Tap Cut Threads. (yes, it makes a difference).

I dont see why I can't take this to my local machine shop. They build sprint car motors and ARCA motors...If i just tell them I want them installed, they can do it? I can give them strict instructions? I just hate dealing with shipping...
    2004 Honda TRX450r
    Being built....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast