Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So did it work?

So did it work?

Our wonderful president said all we needed was a stimulus package to help boost the economy. So he spent over 700 billion dollars and another 750 billion on bail outs for a total of 1 ½ trillion dollars.
    And what do we have to show for it?
    We still have a weak economy and very few jobs. The companies that received this money have not started rehiring, they have discovered that with a down sized work force that is working for less money then they were before, there profit margin has increased to record levels. Yet they are not hiring new workers because of this. So what was all the money spent on?
    Looks like all that happen is big companies got richer and the little guys went under.

Thank you Mr. President you said we need hope and change. The only hope I have is when I reach in my pocket I will find some change.
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

Can i get a BIG i told you so??!?!?!? Looks like the conservative right wingers were correct.... AGAIN!!!!!

2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

We all knew this was gonna happen..... Our president is a DUMB @$$ and shouldn't even be allowed to live in this country.... For heavens sake, i know twelve year olds and blonde movies stars that could do a better job... and no... i am not kidding.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

eh its getting better around here, what he did accomplish though is stop the downward spiral in the market
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

im not too far from you beastly warrior and you my friend still have
    the covers over your head, must be like all the rest of the Obama supporters that voted this idiot in the office.

We'd be in the same position if McCain was in office. The president doesn't decide ****, its all the other greedy *******s in the government that decide for what benefits them best and could give two ****s about us working class people.

I'm not huge on Obama, but there's nothing you can tell me that will convince me that McCain would have done that's so much better, and actually happened. Or anyone else.

Every candidate says all this great ****, and none of it will happen. Plus Bush put us so far down the ****ter its going to take years to climb back out of.

Get real.
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

nope im actually a conservative country boy but i recognize that if mccain was in office there'd be a post like this b*#!%ing about him
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

Originally posted by beastlywarrior
    eh its getting better around here, what he did accomplish though is stop the downward spiral in the market
    “Really” you bought that crap? The economy would have fixed itself as it always has in the past. He should have let the market take its own course and we would be much better off by now and we wouldn’t be deeper in debt.

Originally posted by Ruby Soho
    We'd be in the same position if McCain was in office. The president doesn't decide ****, its all the other greedy *******s in the government that decide for what benefits them best and could give two ****s about us working class people.

I'm not huge on Obama, but there's nothing you can tell me that will convince me that McCain would have done that's so much better, and actually happened. Or anyone else.

Every candidate says all this great ****, and none of it will happen. Plus Bush put us so far down the ****ter its going to take years to climb back out of.

Get real.

So the question is would Mc Cain have spent 1 ½ trillion dollars on stimulus and bail outs that benefited only those who helped get us into this mess in the first place. The free market would have fixed itself just as it has in the past. Never before in our history has a president forced a bill on us that and even with strong opposition against it. The bill was never even read or understood by those that helped force it through.
    400ex with some stuff
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

the President doesn't make descisions. He is the figure head. He can't do anything without votes from both houses. Since you didnt know this simple fact your opinion on the situation is probably without any factual basis as well.

Also if you remember the unemployment rates were increasing drastically the last year of former President Bush's administration's tenure. Since they were in office for seven years before this happened I would put more blame on thier heads then our current administration. Just as many put the 9-11 issue on Bush's head you must remember he was only in office a short time when it happened so my blame would be on Clinton and his administration since they decided not to persue the first WTC bombing.

The whole market collapse was kick started by the housing collapse, until they both ran themselves into the ground side by side. President Carter was the originator of the housing for all laws and pushed banks into over credit for Americans.

Please get ALL the facts before you try to make a point about a topic that has so many sides.

After 2 years of doing nothing at work (thankfully I never was dismissed as a lot of my friends and co workers were) we are now as busy as we have ever been and I have a stack of apps on my desk for positions I need to fill. I personally dont think the Obama administration has much to do with it as I think mostly the market goes in trends. It will climb slowly for the next 10-12 years and we will get hit again.

The one thing to remember and learn from all of this is that CREDIT IS BAD. If you dont have it in your pocket in cash, you dont need it.
    It is kind of like getting scared straight. I payed off my credit cards and the second on my house. I refied my 1st mortgage at the lower rates and am trying to make double payments. If I own it the bank cant take it.
    Aaron
    FourPlayFilms.org
    Twitter: FourPlayFilms

Originally posted by Ichoptop
    the President doesn't make descisions. He is the figure head. He can't do anything without votes from both houses. Since you didnt know this simple fact your opinion on the situation is probably without any factual basis as well.

Also if you remember the unemployment rates were increasing drastically the last year of former President Bush's administration's tenure. Since they were in office for seven years before this happened I would put more blame on thier heads then our current administration. Just as many put the 9-11 issue on Bush's head you must remember he was only in office a short time when it happened so my blame would be on Clinton and his administration since they decided not to persue the first WTC bombing.

The whole market collapse was kick started by the housing collapse, until they both ran themselves into the ground side by side. President Carter was the originator of the housing for all laws and pushed banks into over credit for Americans.

Please get ALL the facts before you try to make a point about a topic that has so many sides.

After 2 years of doing nothing at work (thankfully I never was dismissed as a lot of my friends and co workers were) we are now as busy as we have ever been and I have a stack of apps on my desk for positions I need to fill. I personally dont think the Obama administration has much to do with it as I think mostly the market goes in trends. It will climb slowly for the next 10-12 years and we will get hit again.

The one thing to remember and learn from all of this is that CREDIT IS BAD. If you dont have it in your pocket in cash, you dont need it.
    It is kind of like getting scared straight. I payed off my credit cards and the second on my house. I refied my 1st mortgage at the lower rates and am trying to make double payments. If I own it the bank cant take it.
    I have the facts, thank you.
    I didn’t go into when it all started or why it happened, that wasn’t my point. The president lead the way to the bail out and stimulus, he could have easily vetoed the bill down and gotten more senators and house representatives to stop the ridicules solution he and his cronies came up with. Just throwing money at a problem is what helped get us here in the first place. The point I was trying to make is I believe the market would have fixed itself without any help form the government. The fact is it has done nothing that I can see to prevent a recession. Instead it rewarded those responsible for some of the problems we are having.
    400ex with some stuff

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast