Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska

Alaska

Anybody live up there?

Thinking real hard about a possible move in a few years.....cant imagine a better place to be to shoot wildlife (think camera)
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

man i love alaska. every time i see any kind of show on tv that involves alaska im all eyes and ears. i watch the alaska state troopers, ice road truckers, gold rush alaska. alaska is such a beautiful state and a very wealthy state. id love to live there or even visit there for a week or so.
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

You're worse than my old man wanting to go to Arizona... he's been saying it for years and has now finally gone.

If it's as cold in AK as it is here right now ... Eff Alaska!!! I'm freezing my nuts off with -40 degrees these last few days.
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Originally posted by Quad18star
    If it's as cold in AK as it is here right now ... Eff Alaska!!! I'm freezing my nuts off with -40 degrees these last few days.
    yea but id rather be cold instead of hot. my theory is i can put on more clothes to keep warm, but cant take enough off when its hot to keep cool.
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

Originally posted by TCracin440ex
    yea but id rather be cold instead of hot. my theory is i can put on more clothes to keep warm, but cant take enough off when its hot to keep cool.
    I don't mind the cold ..... but when it's too cold you can't do a whole lot... atleast not enjoyably.

I've considered moving out west if I could land a job with a mining company out there.
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Before I die, I just want to live like ive always dreamed....in the middle of no where.

I cant stand living close to others, I dont mind people but just not to many especially around where I live.

When I was a kid, I was always in the woods, never inside and always walking every stretch of ground I could find......I try that here but its still to crowded. I doubt we will move there but its nice to dream. There are still areas in this state where I can be "isolated"

Ive never been but hear its quite nice. The only bad things are its freezing and snows alot, its light 6 months of the year with no dark in some places iirc, the bugs, beasties, etc-they are HUGE and the bugs are like 10x worse.

Still a cool place to go and or live. I personally want to move somewhere warmer-georgia, the carolinas, etc. I dont want to deal with winter or snow much anymore. Cali would be cool but I could never live with the laws and Az is way to hot.

Ken, move to the Ozark mtns, its still rural up there and you can buy a slice of land for cheap.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

I would suck on my pistol before I lived in Cali or NJ

I have friends who are begging me to come live in the midwest, and Missouri is one of the places.

My old employer bought a farm in Iowa, told me last week to go build a house there...for free

Im stuck here by circumstance, family, school and (before I got fired) work.

When I grad school m y first step is outta here, anywhere but here, cali, ny and il. Down south or midwest should be nice, ill fit right in there
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

The good part is my wife and both kids are all for living way out. Cody and Ryan both take after me and hate big crowds, cant stand alot of people etc. A National race is about as big as we get

This area im in now is just getting horrible. Maryland people rolled over to this state because they couldnt afford Maryland, now its just as bad as MD. Its not horrible mind you, but when I moved here I could walk into any resturant and be seated, last night, at 6pm, it was an 80 minute wait!

Im lucky to be 30 minutes from town, but i'd like to be further. There are some areas in WV that offer what I want. Im just *****in haha and blowing off steam but man it would be killer to live where i could unload a full mag in any direction without worrying about hitting a dang thing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast