Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Saver?

Case Saver?

Could someone look on the bottom side of the front sprocket and tell me if the case saver touches the chain, right where it sticks out on the bottom? I think mine might be bent and hitting the chain causing it to make an anoying noise. Or i might have a more serious problem but it is driving me crazy. It is not the valves.

The case saver should NOT touch the chain,,,sounds like your chains loose..

The chain is tight. I thought maybe it was on wrong so i took it apart but its the only way it goes on. I think maybe it got bent or something. But the weird thing is it started doing it after i had it apart and put on new sprockets and chain. They are the stock sizes.

I think your chain is just a POS. Seriously. It might be worn out.

front sprocket

The front sprocket will go on ether way on one side of the sprocket it will say this side out maybe its on backwards.
    redrider ex

Its a RK X ring with not even a tank of gas of riding on it. If i fliped the sprocket then It wouldn't make a difference, it would still touch. I wish i had a picture its hard to explain

Here is a scetch i made
    Attached Images Attached Images

check for bent case saver bolts and file out the area touching

solutions always cost money

Out of curiosity does this contact occur when you are sitting on the bike and the suspension is loaded? I believe when the rear suspension is unloaded there is some minor contact. The best route would probably be to buy a nice aftermarket case saver. The stock piece is supposed to be a real hazard in chain break situations as the portion that covers the sprocket (the cage) gets the chain wrapped up in it and causes all kinds of other breakage.

I think i will order a aftermarket one. thanks for the help. did you know they costs 30 bucks! ouch
    Last edited by coryatver; 12-08-2001 at 01:52 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast