Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honda atv starting problem

honda atv starting problem

I have a 1998 Honda 300 fourtrac two wheel drive. The atv runs good but will not start with the electric push button. The battery is fully charged. When I push the starting button I hear a clicking noise coming from a unit to the left of the battery. Please help me in this problem.
    Thank you, firefighter66255

300ex

It sounds like the starter solenoid is not engaging,when you try to start engine. Did you try bypassing/jumping out the solenoid ?

starting problem

How do you do that? Is that the starter selenoid to the left of my battery?

no start

Yes it is the thing with the battery wire going to it and the other terminal goes to the starter on the engine.Just take a screw driver and jump the two terminals together, and the engine should crank,as long as you are in neutral gear and the switch on handlebars is set to ON.

Smile 300fourtrax starting problem

Thank You, I will try to do that as soon as my son gets 4 wheeler back home

problem electric starting my 300 fourtrax

I tried to jump the item on the left(starter solenoid), no responce. Does not do anything. Fuses next to battery are good. Any other sugestions, please.

check connections
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

no start

Do you have a DC voltage meter? If so, check the voltage at battery at battery post - should =12 to 13 volts DC. If you do have that voltage,while trying to crank over engine,take a voltage reading - one side of DC volt meter to ground on quad,and test each terminal of the solenoid while trying to crank engine from handlebar push button - you should get 12 to 13 volts Dc. If you don't, you need to check fuses and wiring from battery to solenoid. We'll start here and post back to us.

no electric start on honda fourtrax

Yes, I do have 12v on battery, 11.8v on one of soleniod when pushing start button. the other terminal has 12v without pushing electric button and 11.8 when I push start button. What should I do now? Thank You

no start

Go to the quads under 350cc section, and download a 300ex manual - one is being offered up now,or do a search for a 300 fourtrax manual.I'm not sure which quad you have-sport or utility?.The next thing to check,is the starter.Has this quad been sitting for a while? The starter brushes may need to be replaced.Sometimes, I have to put my Kawasaki 220 in gear = rock the quad back and forth,through it back in heutral,then it will rerstart.TRY THAT. Or take your meter and test for voltage at the starter to see if you get 12 volts dc when cranking.If you are getting 12 vdc, then you probably need a starter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast