Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 racing

2011 racing

Ok..... what series is everyone running this year? anyone doing nationals? last year I tried racing a local and there was only one other quad there. I'd like to run the series that there's going to be some quads at. so Is it D-14 or GLMX? It's not very fun to race against yourself all the time. If no one's going to be racing locals than lets have some riding party's or something.

District 14 is where all of the quads are at.

the results i saw posted for d-14 didn't look that impressing for turn out either. but if that's where everyone is going to be then that's where I'll probably try to hit when I'm not at nationals.... if I have enough money that is... I would like to hang out with everyone again though. I miss the way it was when I first started racing and we had like 15 quads on the gate for just about every class and the hanging out after the races.

Ya glmx is what spoiled that unfortunately (yes I'm bitter lol). D14 atv buisness is all run by quad people....mainly Luke Adams who eats sleeps and poops quads. If u know any mini racers thereius NOWHERE else to even
    consider. were hoping to get everyone back together for 2011!!.

D14 was awesome this year, almost always a near full gate for the mini quads, should be interesting in 2011 as well, we wont be running many of them but should still be interesting!
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

all my friends run GLMX. just started racing last year myself (SJO), but going to try to keep my body in one piece and run some GLMX this summer. It's a shame D14 and GLMX are split, and claim not to be rivals.. but it seems inevitable they would be, at least to some extent.

anyways, that's my plan, solely based on the turnouts and tracks they run on.
    Thanks in 2013 to: DIRT FIEND RACING/O'NEAL/SPY OPTIC/YOSHIMURA/DWT/PRO ARMOR/LEATT/FACTORY BACKING
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

Are u at all familiar with any of the district tracks? Keep in mind that Baja and Feeling are back to D14 now too.
    What class u run? GLMX is about $$ , D14 is bout racers. Just food for thought.
    Should at least give us a try. Hope to see ya.

Originally posted by quadscrib
    Are u at all familiar with any of the district tracks? Keep in mind that Baja and Feeling are back to D14 now too.
    i've looked at the list before, and what i saw is partially my basis of running GLMX as i mentioned. not only are there more, but the majority are relatively close to me here south of grand rapids, which is sort of centrally located as well.

What class u run?
    thinkin B. i'm looking at the '10 results for that class, and the year-end standings for D14 have 10 names for the championship, 8 for the mx series... GLMX has 50 for the championship, 34 for the challenge. and as said before, all the guys i run SJO with and a few others i've met at practice tracks all run GLMX.

having never run either, i am in -NO- way saying GLMX is better or sticking up for it as a series... only stating my basis on what i'm planning on thus far. by all means i'd be open to do either, but not being married to or having inside info on either, i'm merely picking based on statistics.
    Thanks in 2013 to: DIRT FIEND RACING/O'NEAL/SPY OPTIC/YOSHIMURA/DWT/PRO ARMOR/LEATT/FACTORY BACKING
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

GLMX only gets a decent turnout on the "Atv series races" but the"challenge series" you will be racing yourself.But you look at the results for D-14 they arent getting crap either. No one can afford it anymore thats why i dont do it anymore. Approx $100 to race all weekend,then you have your fuel,food,travel time...for a $30 dealer check or $30 cash or a trophy. If you like Red Bud,log road,dutch,big air,gratton run Glmx. If you like portland,battle creek,bay racing race D-14
    ***** Forsale *********
    05 Trx450R part out
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=474801

8" & 9"
    Beadlock mud caps (New)
    Black,Blue,Red,Yellow

i don't care witch series i end up running, i just want to end up running the one that everyone else (or at least most of everyone else) is going to be running. it does suck that d-14 and glmx split though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast