Thread: No spark

No spark

I have a 90cc thunder, year 2000. I replace battery, electric starter, spark plug, starter relay. I did get it started and it ran for a couple of days and now I have no spark. Please help

lost spark

How did you determine it is not firing.?

TOOK SPARK PLUG OUT AND GRONDED IT TO THE ENGINE

O.K. on our quad you have to have the parking brake set i think.
    make sure the two wires at the coil are connected. one screws to one of the mounting screws and one pushes on the coil. i have had the one that pushes on come off and i have had the wires that go to the stator lose good connection. all i did was unplug those and plug em back in and started.

basically just check all wires visually and unplug and plug all conectors. its easier with the fenders off.

there is a ground at the back of the cvt case to the left of the battery. check it. check the fuse at the battery.

also there is wiring diagrams and alot of good info at etonamerica.com under the support category.

hope you have a digital volt ohm meter. if not you may have to get one to check power, ground and continuity of your wiring.

let us know what you find.

also, did you try a known good spark plug?

eton 90cc no spark

I have a new spark plug. I had to pull the two wires from the hand brake and tie them together to get it to start. But now it wont start at all. The starter kicks in but it seems it is not getting spark . where is the cvt and where is it, also can you help me with what I need to do with my digital meter. Also where is the stator. Please help
    firefighter66255@yahoo.com