Thread: CR85 in ECX70

CR85 in ECX70

Hi folks!

We are new to the mini scene. Lots to learn and man have we been doing that!

Anyone that runs a CR85 (shifter) with the Wiley mods adapter here?

Need pipe help. With some fabrication I can make the stock 70 pipe work but I am sure that will be a power robber. Anyone have luck with anything else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan
    Proud Father of Davis Emery #770 "450 now!"
    D14 and D15 Champion Youth Production
    2013 Sponsors: Amsoil, Atlas Brace Tech., Barkers Exhaust, Bellman Oil, BRM Offroad Graphics, Fastenal, GoPro, Motowoz, ODI, Pivot Works, Rath Racing, Slick Willy Powersports, 1.7 Cleaning Products, Dad Mom and God!

I justr put a rm85 in my daughters apex , i had to cut around the bottom bend in the pipe and turn it and shorten up the stinger which will give higher revs and less torqe , but it is still very fast ,if something was lost it wasnt much , the cr as i understand has alot of tourqe but less high rpm so it may not hurt as much as long as your a good welder.bad welds inside your pipe will rob alot .

pipe

Thank you very much for the help! I am a pretty decent fabricator, just nervous on the power loss/tuning I guess. Best of luck to you and your daughter, ride hard!

-Dan
    2013 Sponsors: Amsoil, Atlas Brace Tech., Barkers Exhaust, Bellman Oil, BRM Offroad Graphics, Fastenal, GoPro, Motowoz, ODI, Pivot Works, Rath Racing, Slick Willy Powersports, 1.7 Cleaning Products, Dad Mom and God!

Trackside Performance makes a pipe that will bolt right up to your quad.

Pipe

John, I was afraid that would be my only option....Got any used ones laying around? LOL!

Nothing to be afarid of. It's a great product and will add some power.

trackside

I wouldn't have that motor in there without a trackside pipe. Spend the money, you will be glad you did! Trackside all the way!
    Bryan
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

Pipe

OK, ya'll talked me into it.