Thread: longer swingarm?

longer swingarm?

wondering what the benifits are of getting a longer swingarm. What will it do to help the quad?
    2002 Yellow 400 EX- Renthal ATV Race Bars

What kind of riding do you do?

MX- Don't go any longer than +1 1/4.

TT-They normally go -1 or -2. That makes the quad turn sharper.

Drag-The Longer the better.Sorta. It will keep the front end from lifting up.

The Longer Swing Arm-Frontend stays down better, Meaning you can put the throttle right to the bar and not worry about pulling wheelies.

Shorter- Turns sharper, but makes the quad a little tippy unless on a TT Track. The front end comes up very easy.

Xc-Most guys stay stock length.

its best from what i seen for hillclimbing. you wont flip over as easily. it just keeps you more stable for the most part....just my opinion from what i have seen i could be wrong
    1999 Durango - In-Dash DVD, so far. More to come soon.

Also the longer the swingarm the less traction you get. But for the drag racers it is a very good trade because if they had the traction of the TT bikes they wouldn't ever do anything but a real quick back flip.
    2001 416EX with Sparks X-6, FCR 39mm, ELKA Triple rates with cans, Burgard +3+1 A-Arms, Elka Linkage with Custom Axis Rear shock, Denton Steering Stabilizer, WISECO 87mm 11:1 with Hotcams Stage II, FDO Heavy Duty Head Studs, WB Rev Box, K&N Air Filter, Cascade Parking Brake Blockoff, AC racing Pro Peg nerfs, Renthal Sprockets, Renthal bars, DG bumper, DG Swing arm Skid, RPM 2+2 axle, speed locknut, Magura Jack Hydraulic Clutch

1988 TRX350R ported by NRPD, ESR TRX5, PWK 38mm A/S, Gibson Long Travel A-Arms, Elka Quad Rate longtravels, Laeger Swinger, ESR reed block

2007 CBR1000RR, Akrapovic Full Race, Comp Werks FE, DynoJet PCIII, ShoGun Sliders

Re: longer swingarm?

Originally posted by jleable
    wondering what the benifits are of getting a longer swingarm. What will it do to help the quad?
    Basically if the front end comes up too much, you need a longer swingarm. I couldn't keep the front end down on my R in the dunes or on pavement so I got a +4". It helps keep it down (although I still need to lean forward) and can still ride trails. You just can't steer with the throttle as well, it will want to hook and go straight provided you have traction.
    '86 trx350r- fully custom, more than you can imagine
    For Sale or trade for 600+cc street bike:
    "Casper": '86 Suzuki LT250R, 600cc Kawasaki ninja 4 cyl motor-12,000rpm screamer
    '98 Banshee 370- extremely ported by Packard/Ripps