Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raptor 125

Question Raptor 125

Has anybody started racing them and how are they holding up ? Thanks for the info if you have any.
    Thanks to HotQuads ,Hiper racing, MSR Racing , Oury Grips, PowerMadd and GT Thunder

Build her a TRX114cc and just get it over with it!
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Woods Racing

Check the last couple GNCC event results. There were several 125 Rappies starting to show up and they're running pretty good against the CVTs. Not sure about the MX side of things. There's a couple performance shops working to get the right motor setup to make it competitive. There are nice suspension options since you can run the Raptor 250 stuff.
    Todd Jones
    Zach Jones Racing #1,
    2012 GNCC Youth Rider of the Year
    2012 GNCC Overall National Champion
    2012 GNCC Open Class Champion
    2011 GNCC Mod National Champion
    2011 MidEast Harescramble Series Mod Champion
    North Augusta, SC

Special Thanks to our 2012 Sponsors:

Maximum RPM
    Fly Racing
    FOX Shox
    Amsoil Racing
    Gaerne Boots
    Fasst Co. Flexx Bars

Originally posted by airmobile101
    Build her a TRX114cc and just get it over with it!
    Thanks for the info. I seen a bad fast one from GT thunder. I like the way they are set up . I like to have the clutch also.
    ( She sit on one a few weeks ago and loved it. She is already pretty good on the manual clutch even after being on a CVT for over 3 years from riding other peoples bikes. ) LOL

She would have to have something other that a HONDA!!!! lol
    Thanks to HotQuads ,Hiper racing, MSR Racing , Oury Grips, PowerMadd and GT Thunder

I saw one a few months ago at the ironman gncc that was built for the woods, looked kinda cool
    "What I Lack In Horsepower I Make Up In Ingenuity"
    youtube.com/scotturban54

Any one else rode or buy one ?

Originally posted by xcracer01
    Any one else rode or buy one ?
    My daughter races a TRX90 with long travel suspension, etc... We have had the chance to ride a bone stock one and race against a "GT Thunder-ed out" Rappy 125 a few times. I personally think its a good quad but has it's cons too. We almost bought one but didnt want to have to start over again. Heres my thoughts:

Motor-great starting point (10.5hp stock)
    Frame-might have some strength issues
    Nice comfortable postioning, feels a little high centered compaired to our TRX90, some elkas will help it in many areas
    Seems pretty solid for the $$

just my $.02

Thanks for the info.

pretty much any quad improves a lot with some elkas though lol
    "What I Lack In Horsepower I Make Up In Ingenuity"
    youtube.com/scotturban54

I bought one for my 10 year old to race this coming year. He loves it, he's coming off a built trx with a Scott Cain 125cc national motor in it. He will prob. race both this year. The stock pipe on the raptor really kills the power. I took a stock silencer off a 09' Honda crf250r , i used the right side one(the 09's were still duel exhaust). I re jetted it and put the gytr filter on it with a tpi airbox window. It will scoot pretty good now, he likes it much better than the trx.
    Drew-- atv 90 mod. 07' 1st place West Virginia Championship series 300ex w/ cr85 (built )motor Wiley-- atv 70cc 3rd place 07' West Virginia Championship series (Bombardier ds) 1st place 50cc oil inj. 07' WVCS Cobra P-3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast