Thread: powder coating question

powder coating question

does anybody know if you can use an old kitchen oven to bake powdercoat on? i see harbor freight has a powdercoat gun setup for around $70. i was thinking about getting it to do some small things. then i wont have to pay to have shops do it since ill have my own
    2005 yfz450
    FMF pipe
    G-Force axle
    20in fronts-18in backs
    Pro Taper bars
    Pro armor nerf bars

1998 300ex(built for my sis)
    fresh engine
    11:1 wiseco piston
    full DG exhaust

powdercoat

You can use a kitchen oven, but with it you are limited on space you cant fit a very big part in an oven. Also after you have baked powder in the oven you do not want to cook in it again.

The harbor freight guns work great at first, but we had 3 of the stupid things and all three crapped out on us. They started out throwing pretty good size sparks but that spark got a lot weaker fairly quick, like within a few weeks.
    2005 450r, Razrs in the rear, Razr 2s in the front, GT XC Link, CCP Stabilizer, AC Nerfs, Fat Pegs, Dellron Full Body Skid, Moose Handguards, Grab Bar.

Coming soon:
    Redone Shocks, Flexx Bars (maybe Renthals or Pro Tapers), Front Bumper (I may just leave it stock), Sprocket Guard, Swing Arm Skid.

Past quads:
    1987 Honda 250x
    2003 Yamaha 660 raptor
    2004 Honda 400ex

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e3sf4n.jpg

if you have access to a few old ovens you can make your own cooker. its just a little wireing and fabrication work but why not.
    2007 400ex spark advance key, Dynojet kit stage one for now, K&N, Renthals, 14 tooth front sprocket. DG RMC II full exhuast

2007polaris predator 500 dealer demo, polaris ehxuast system, k&n filter, stage two coil and rev box, 14tooth front sprocket, fast like f***