Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 450r carb.

450r carb.

Anyone out there running a 450r carb and not using an adaptor? I would like to keep the airbox in the stock location. I don't really want to buy an adaptor from somebody, and I don't have the means to make one. Post some pics if you got 'em.

I would really try reading through the stickies, because i read something in there about this exact thing in one of them.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

I did look through the stickies, they are all either using an adaptor or not running an air box from what I saw.

Hmmm... I wish i could get my hands on the setup. I am sure there is something a red-neck could figure out. Duct tape.... etc. lol Good luck
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

not running an adapter and feeling great response.. used a Dremel honed it out to fit without adapter. i know everybody says it`s going to confuse airflow or slip off but.. running it awhile and loving it....

.... you can do alot with a heat gun.. stock airbox still in original location

I can make the boot fit on the carb just fine, but it moves the airbox to far forward to use any of the three mouting points. If you have some pics of your carb connecting to the motor and air box side that would be awesome. I have the carb pushed all the way into the motor side and when i put the airbox on its probably a good 1/2" to 3/4" too far forward and it also puts the snorkel in a bind.

I have seen where people just move the box up to get it to work easier. I took the side notches off of my box anyway, even with the adaptor on it. people just make a plate to move it forward. I have been thinking about trying to make a few adaptors but i havent had any time yet. i want to do them out of pvc if i can get the correct diameter easy. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Yea I've got it working good with the box moved up, I just wanted to keep the box in the stock location so the snorkle isn't in a bind or anything. Also can you just fill the hot start up with silicon or do you need the plunger.

My air box is in the stock location. All I did was use a dremel tool and CAREFULLY removed the areas in the intake and intake boot, so it would fit in there. Works like a dream and fits perfect... It isn't hard just tedious.. As far as the plunger goes I have read guys having success with just filling them in, but I played it safe and used the plunger and rtv..

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast