Thread: Outlaw Starting Issue

Outlaw Starting Issue

I own a 2007 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS and I have been having terrible starting issues with this bike for a while now and I can't seem to find anyone who can help. I have had it looked at by private mechanics and the KTM shop in Las Vegas but they can't find the source of the problem.

When I hit the starter on the bike it almost sounds like it has an extremly dead battery/engine choke. I literally put a new battery in yesterday and it still wont turn over. My father has a 04 or 05 KTM 525 and it has this exact same issue. Instead of the engine turning over and firing up it just chokes and I have to release the starter and try again. Occasionally it turns over and might fire but still has an extremly hard time doing so. It also seems to be progressivly getting worse. Don't know what to do for it at this point so any ideas would be great.

Thanks

I think you need to determine if it is an electrical problem, or mechanical.
    Test your static voltage(should be close to 12.8-13.2 v). When you hit the starter, should maintain at least 9.6 cranking volts. If not, start looking for areas of voltage drop.

If all electrical is OK, then I would look at some mechanical items, such as the compression release system, valve adjustments, timing. Good luck!