Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XC feedback please

XC feedback please

i just started racing xc quads this year..

this winter im totally stripping the bike down and redoing..gussest kit etc. etc.

ive been looking at shocks and a arms.

can anyone help me or give me some ideas of where i should be looking.

long travel vs standard?

ive been looking at rs fx and exit shocks.

also roll design and elkas??

yes no

feedback please

My brother raced with Rob Hurts from PA for years. They are really good friends, and Rob was running Pro/Pro Am at GNCCs. He will swear by ARSFX/Axis. In fact my bro runs ARSFX's MX setup front and rear, and it works really well. I would say spend the money and do it right with them!
    Brett Butter #212
    Bad Boys Cycles (856)-691-5595

-1969 Nova SS 396 Super Pro Drag Car

'10 Outlaw MXR National Race Bike-*Sold*
    '09 Outlaw MXR Practice Bike-*Sold*
    '05 MX National TRX450R-*Sold*
    '05 Practice TRX450R-*Sold*
    '04 Venom MX YFZ-*Sold*
    '05 Lost Creek Cycles YFZ-*Traded for LTR*
    '06 MX LTR-*Sold*

If you are gonna run that ARS-FX set-up, run them with their shocks. Exit shocks.

Standard or LT???? Thats pretty much your choice. Your gonna have more options with LT setup.

I'm not a big fan of Elka shocks. I will rate them right there with Works shocks. Then again......... you can take any shock to a good shock re-builder and he/she will work magic. IMO
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Originally posted by airmobile101
    If you are gonna run that ARS-FX set-up, run them with their shocks. Exit shocks.

Standard or LT???? Thats pretty much your choice. Your gonna have more options with LT setup.

I'm not a big fan of Elka shocks. I will rate them right there with Works shocks. Then again......... you can take any shock to a good shock re-builder and he/she will work magic. IMO
    x2 Lots of good combos out there for the Honda, so keep your eyes open.

I run houser slicast and axis shocks. It works great. Ive been wanting to try out teixeira setup front and rear. Ive heard great things about there set up.
    Greg Watts
    GNCC
    IATVHSS #314
    OXC
    A Class
    2006 450ER/R
    2005 450R
    2011 Sponsors- BNR Motorsports, HiPer, PowerMadd, FW Carbon, Traxx Performance

i think ars fx only makes long travel anyway..

i seen some of texieira stuff pretty sick.

i just want something better then stock. thats what i have now..im running up front but not contending for wins yet..i think if i get some suspension i would be alot better and probably save me some arm pump

I love my Teixeira/Fox setup! Give Ed a call, he has some good package deals.
    #826 Lee Valentine

Sponsors: Moose Racing, Teixeira Tech, Moto-Xperts, Rath Racing, Fox Shox, Hiper, HMF, Rekluse, Precision, Amsoil, RPM Axle, Powermadd, Precision Nutrition, IMS, Streamline, Laker Plastic, Dirt Tricks, Scott, Oury, Thede Photography

-450r's
    -2000 Rancher
    -1985 200x

Re: XC feedback please

Originally posted by THR36
    i just started racing xc quads this year..

this winter im totally stripping the bike down and redoing..gussest kit etc. etc.

ive been looking at shocks and a arms.

can anyone help me or give me some ideas of where i should be looking.

long travel vs standard?

ive been looking at rs fx and exit shocks.

also roll design and elkas??

yes no

feedback please

LT setup is going to be more dollars, so if money's an issue, stick with ST. also, depends on your skill/speed. you aren't going to notice a big difference between LT or ST if you don't utilize the LT. also, there are some good companies out there that can revalve your stock suspension for a reasonable price and make it work awesome. there's a few guys that run pro-am gncc that still run stock revalves, so that tells you how good they set them up

I would stay away from Roll Design a-arms for XC. They use heims instead of balljoints, which will wear quicker because of mud and debris getting in them.

Originally posted by Scro
    I would stay away from Roll Design a-arms for XC. They use heims instead of balljoints, which will wear quicker because of mud and debris getting in them.
    agreed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast