Thread: What is the TRUE difference between a 250x and 300ex?

What is the TRUE difference between a 250x and 300ex?

I've been thinking about buying either a 300ex, or 250x. I was wondering what the true difference are because everywhere i look the only difference seems to be 50CCs other than that, I couldn't find much of a difference between the two

300ex has electric start,reverse and the knewer 300ex's have different fenders
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R
    •Fat Boy 4 Exhaust •K&N Air Filter •Laeger A-Arms •Nerfs

There isnt a whole lot of major differences but a lot of minor. The bottom end of the 300ex has the same bore but different crank with longer stroke and electric starter clutch hub on it. Pistons are same bore but different location of the wrist pin for the differnt stroke cranks. Charging system and electrical are different as one runs off battery voltage and the other is a ignition coil for spark. Rev limiter is 600rpm higher on the 250x. Compresion is lower on the 300ex for the electric start.

Some of the younger kids may have never seen a 250x and confuse them with the the 250ex which is a totally differnt begginer quad.
    Although both quads are pretty much gutless turds the 250x was just slightly faster due to its slightly lighter weight,higher compresion and freer flowing exhaust. By slightly I mean about half a horse power.

250x: kickstart
    300ex: electric start
    Both: same cc, same top speed, same frame, basicallly the same motor
    I have had both but ym dad bought me a 300ex because of the electric start.
    My 300ex(piped,20 inch tires) has been beat in a drag race by a stock 250x(22 inch rear tires)
    2005 Honda 300ex: Sold but never forgotten.
    New Toy Suzuki LTZ400:
    Uni air filter
    Tusk nerf bars
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    Armadillo Six Pack Rack
    G-Force Wheel Spacers

they are not the same cc,
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R

They may not be the same cc, but they both have the same amount of power(I have owned both)
    2005 Honda 300ex: Sold but never forgotten.
    New Toy Suzuki LTZ400:
    Uni air filter
    Tusk nerf bars
    AC Racing Front Bumper
    Armadillo Six Pack Rack
    G-Force Wheel Spacers

Originally posted by 300ex&RZR
    They may not be the same cc, but they both have the same amount of power(I have owned both)

not so. get them dyno'd and u will see the difference.
    06 TRX300EX SOLD

05 Trx450R

250x

witech, I would'nt say these quads are gutless terds. My 250x with a 12:1 piston, has no problem keeping up withother higher cc quads, on trails and climbing hills.If your talking racing a 250x/300ex against a 250r or 450r, yea speed is very different. The 250x/300ex are very reliable fun quads,which you can beef up the engine pretty well. My quad does 55mph no problem.

just about all the info listed is true.

witech knows his quads pretty good.

The cranks will not interchange. They have a different counter ballance gear. (of course the 250x is a shorter rod also)

The only other difference I can think of that hasn't been listed is the decompression on the 250x.

A 300ex is a gutless terd. LMAO Then why does our quad win the holeshot with 400ex and z400's. If u do a little work to them they will produce more ft lbs of torque then a piped 400ex!!!!Because his 300ex produces almost 21 ft lbs of torque. And around 30 HP !!
    #838 Michael Mussi Jr.
    2 Time GNCC National Champion
    07 TRX300ex Tricked out
    08 TRX 450er XC racer
    The money spent on his quad seem like a million bucks,
    The smile on his face after winning the race PRICELESS!
    Sponsors, K&K Customs,Muffler&Brakes and more,Hetrickracing,Elza's Cycle&ATV,Engine Builder: Don Sturdivant