Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Bros. E Series Exhaust

Cool White Bros. E Series Exhaust

I'm thinking of getting a White Bothers E Series slip on exhaust for my 400EX. How loud is the WB compared to stock exhaust?

Cool Not to much louder

I heard one the other day and it was'nt that much louder than stock. redrider ex

I have a white bros e-series on my 300ex
    IT IS VERY LOUD
    much much much loader then stock
    stock puts out i think 85db's (loudness of sound)
    white bros puts out 94-98 db's (loudness of sound)'
    its really loud, but sounds nice.

The "E" Series exhaust is great!!! You can adjust the pipe by adding and subtracting the discs. Adding all the discs makes it extremely loud, but reducing the amount of discs makes it quieter, but not as quiet as the stocker. It may sound easy to change the number of discs, depending on riding location, but I found it to be a bother removing the bolts, deciding the number of discs, and reapplying the bolts.

Hope this helped.

i have a WB E-series on my 400, and yes it is loud as a pissed off beast. i had an fmf performax on my 300, if i had to buy pipes all over again id get an FMF powerbomb header with an FMF Powercore 4 Q tailpipe.... but im not that rich at the moment. but the wb is a great pipe!
    2001 Red 400ex, white brothers E-series slip on, Razr 2 rears, raz'r fronts, 155 jetting, renthals, shockwears, k&n filter, graydon proline nerf bars, graydon proline front bumper,

350 Rancher ES

97 Tacoma - 6cyl, 3.5" fabtech lift, 33's

85 4runner - 8" lift, 38.5" Swamper SX's, 9,000 lb Winch, gears, locked front and rear

theres 2 different kind of quiet core inserts for the E-series, one is made by WB, its 37 dollars from Dennis Kirk, I have that one, makes it considerably quieter, Dirt Wheels says around 92 db. Also there is a "Silent Sport"(I think?) packing material that you can put inside it(aswell as amny other exausts) that is also supposed to reduce noise
    kc

The min. # of disks you should run is 6 i think
    (i think)
    im running 12 right now.
    if i only keep 6 in, will it be quiter?
    thanks

On my 300ex, I used all the discs it came with. I Went out and counted them, it is either 12 or unlucky 13 disks. I have the E-Series Pro Meg with aluminum silencer.

To answer the question if you go down to 6 discs, will it be quieter? Yes, but you may notice a difference in performance. I never tried to minimize the number of disks, but those that have and I first hand heard, were much quieter.

Note: The more discs, the louder it gets. I don't think this was the design by White Brothers, I think it was designed to tune your performance.

Let us know if you go down to six discs what your findings are.

Good luck

I went down to 6. it sounds a little quiter.
    i'll know if i get the cops called on my or not

I recently purchased a used 300EX with the WB E-series exhaust. I pulled the end off along with the discs assuming I would be able to inspect the packing, but only could see the inside tubing. Is there indeed any maintenance (i.e. packing replacement) required with this exhaust? If so, what other steps are needed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast