Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM Tuning 400ex HID how-to

Originally posted by 99RED4X4
    Awesome!!!!! Why don't they come like this from factory???

Anyone know if this can be done on a 2-stroke with no battery?
    I don't know, yet. My brother-in-law rides a 250r and we've been talking about trying it. May have to put a battery on it, though.
    2008 700xx - Two Brothers slip-on, K&N, Pro Armor bumper & nerfs, L8ton Racing sway bar, HIDs

2000 400ex - 440 12.5:1 Wiseco, K&N, LRD full exhaust, HIDs

2008 RZR - +5 long travel, Afco shocks w/ Progressive springs, Two Brothers slip-on, Two Brothers Juice Box, Donaldson intake, Dynatek ignition

2007 BMW 335i - Burger Motorsports juice box 3 at 14psi, K&N dual intake

1994 Mitsubishi GSX - Too much to list. 420awhp, 7.7 @ 96mph 1/8th mile

thanks for clearing that up guys.

Can you run a true hi/low with this kit with both lights?

Im pretty sure you cant period with this light setup b/c HID lights generally dont have a hi/lo function for this style of bulb.

Ive seen a few sets for cars that do and what actually happens is something inside the bulb itself moves to change the way the light comes out.

CJM is correct. The facory bulbs are dual filament to get the high/low. HIDs don't have filaments. They are either on or off. So short of a mechanism that moves something inside the bulb, this was the only way I could think of and I had seen this on motorcycles before.
    2008 700xx - Two Brothers slip-on, K&N, Pro Armor bumper & nerfs, L8ton Racing sway bar, HIDs

2000 400ex - 440 12.5:1 Wiseco, K&N, LRD full exhaust, HIDs

2008 RZR - +5 long travel, Afco shocks w/ Progressive springs, Two Brothers slip-on, Two Brothers Juice Box, Donaldson intake, Dynatek ignition

2007 BMW 335i - Burger Motorsports juice box 3 at 14psi, K&N dual intake

1994 Mitsubishi GSX - Too much to list. 420awhp, 7.7 @ 96mph 1/8th mile

There are HIDs for cars that claim a hi/low function, but they actually hae a halogen "piggy-back" bulb mounted along side of the HID bulb. I've seen them, and was not too impressed.

It goes both ways, better hi/lo have a motor to change light focal point, cheaper ones have the halogen piggyback. With these lights however, your not going to need highs....and you're going to blind the crap out of everyone

Originally posted by Racerjames
    It goes both ways, better hi/lo have a motor to change light focal point, cheaper ones have the halogen piggyback. With these lights however, your not going to need highs....and you're going to blind the crap out of everyone
    My sentiments exactly. I feel its a suepr worthwhile upgrade over stock too.

You want the best of it all, you could do like my buddy did on his truck: He took hella 550FF lights (ff=free form reflector, reflector pattern is on inside and not on lens), modified them to accept the DDM HID kit for an H1 or maybe it was H3 bulb and talk abotu awesome offroad lights.

Mount one of those hella modified lights to the frame under the plastics would work really well. Or you could do it warrior style and put it on your bars.

any problems with them drawing to much power? do you think the 55W would?
    05 416ex
    Wiseco 87mm 10:1
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

The 35w provides MORE than enough light, and your OEM stator can handle the load.
    the 55w would require a upgraded stator.
    There is absolutely no need to go to the 55w

You can also save a couple of watts by changing your tail light bulb to an LED bulb.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast