Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM Tuning 400ex HID how-to

Hybrid View

Anyone have the pics? They are no longer showing up.
    2005 Honda 416ex 11:1 Fan Cooled
    -HMF Full Exhaust
    -HotCams Stage 2
    -HD Cam Chain
    -Nerf Bars
    -ITP Holeshot's all around
    -K&N Air Filter
    -AC Racing Front Bumber
    -Renthal Sprockets and Chain

Stickman's pictures are coming up on mine. Right above your post Choppers.
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

They sure are but I want the wiring diagram off Post 1. Not someones pic of them working.
    2005 Honda 416ex 11:1 Fan Cooled
    -HMF Full Exhaust
    -HotCams Stage 2
    -HD Cam Chain
    -Nerf Bars
    -ITP Holeshot's all around
    -K&N Air Filter
    -AC Racing Front Bumber
    -Renthal Sprockets and Chain

I've had several requests for the original pics and diagram, but I haven't been able to come up with them. Too many computers and too many moves ago I'm afraid. I've got one more idea about where I might have a back-up of them. I'll try to look tonight.
    2008 700xx - Two Brothers slip-on, K&N, Pro Armor bumper & nerfs, L8ton Racing sway bar, HIDs

2000 400ex - 440 12.5:1 Wiseco, K&N, LRD full exhaust, HIDs

2008 RZR - +5 long travel, Afco shocks w/ Progressive springs, Two Brothers slip-on, Two Brothers Juice Box, Donaldson intake, Dynatek ignition

2007 BMW 335i - Burger Motorsports juice box 3 at 14psi, K&N dual intake

1994 Mitsubishi GSX - Too much to list. 420awhp, 7.7 @ 96mph 1/8th mile

Quote Originally Posted by Choppers View Post
    They sure are but I want the wiring diagram off Post 1. Not someones pic of them working.
    400 ex hid.jpg

whats the point of the two relays? why not just wire one ballast to the "low" wire and the other ballast to the "high" wire. then you have a low/high functionality.

whats the point of the wire going straight to the battery for highs? is there an advantage there?

I don't have much time, so here is the short answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    whats the point of the two relays? why not just wire one ballast to the "low" wire and the other ballast to the "high" wire. then you have a low/high functionality.
    If you wire one ballast to high and the other to low then you only ever have one burning. One will burn on high and the other on low. You don't get low/high functionality. You get low/low functionality. If you ever wire the two together then both burn all the time and you get high/high. In order to burn one on low and both on high you need the relays.

Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    whats the point of the wire going straight to the battery for highs? is there an advantage there?
    It keeps from overloading the factory harness with both burning. Both ballasts together pull more power than the factory harness is designed for.
    2008 700xx - Two Brothers slip-on, K&N, Pro Armor bumper & nerfs, L8ton Racing sway bar, HIDs

2008 RZR - +5 long travel, Afco shocks w/ Progressive springs, Two Brothers slip-on, Two Brothers Juice Box, Donaldson intake, Dynatek ignition

Quote Originally Posted by dsm_racing View Post
    I don't have much time, so here is the short answer.

If you wire one ballast to high and the other to low then you only ever have one burning. One will burn on high and the other on low. You don't get low/high functionality. You get low/low functionality. If you ever wire the two together then both burn all the time and you get high/high. In order to burn one on low and both on high you need the relays.
    I see what you mean here. Basicallly if you wire one to low and one to high, you always just get one light. That makes sense. I must have been having a blonde moment.

It keeps from overloading the factory harness with both burning. Both ballasts together pull more power than the factory harness is designed for.
    I see. So just a ring terminal on the battery connection, what guage wire would you run? And then just an inline 20a fuse? I think this sounds the safest from your description.

Thanks for all your help!

Can someone help a brother out and post a pic of their headlight housing? I can't find a good pic from google-searching. I just got my DDM kit in, and I think my headlight housings are missing something (previous owner already had the headlights torn apart, so I'm trying to fix all his f-ups.

Anyway, see the attached pic. What screws into those two holes in each headlight socket? What do I need to order? Do I need the harness (as in, part #3 at this link: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...7)/parts.html)

I'm curious what a complete headlight looks like...

Here's mine:
    IMG_20140323_113748016.jpg

Originally posted by 99RED4X4
    Awesome!!!!! Why don't they come like this from factory???

Anyone know if this can be done on a 2-stroke with no battery?
    I don't know, yet. My brother-in-law rides a 250r and we've been talking about trying it. May have to put a battery on it, though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast