Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where To Buy Maxxis 4 Snows?

Where To Buy Maxxis 4 Snows?

I didn't do too good up at the drags with my razrs so my next tire choice is the 4 snows. I saw a kid run them on both his raptor and 450r and he hooked great!

But where can i find these tires for sale? I only found 1 website but their around 72 bucks.
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

$72 aint bad imho..
    XC 08 450r

I think he means $72 a piece, which still isnt bad.

Ebay is your best bet, I won a almost new set of 4snows with rims for $112 with free shipping just a few weeks ago.

I knew razrs werent gonna do much, Im suprised more MX and XC racers dont use a more aggresive tire.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

Yeah their 72 apiece. I actually just found them for 67 which is a few dollars cheaper.

But yeah, the razrs didn't even hook. I dropped my tire pressure down to 1psi and they still spun some. So i either want to get some 4 snows or pro wedge II's if their any good. I heard good about both the 4 snows and pro wedges. I'm also still debating if i should get a set of the regular ohtsu tires...

Anyone know anything about them? I know the 4 snows will hook good but some people said they flexed and wore too easy?
    - 1984 CR125r Project

You might wanna try those ams sand snakes, I live on hardpacked dirt roads and my paddles work fine on that stuff, I actually get the holeshot and almost win a "estimated" 300ft against a 400cc trinity, drag ported banshee that uses prowedges.

For the price it might be better for now, I worry that with 4snows you might not be able to spin the 22in tires very well at high rpm.

4snows need high rpm to expand and grip, all this changes your gearing and usable HP, yes 4snows are better for lower HP motors but lower HP motors in drag racing ATVs is around 45-50HP

I think youd be better off with paddles and some gearing changes.

I could be wrong tho, im not at your track.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

I appreciate your thoughts John. But that kid also had a stock raptor 660 with the 4 snows on and he kicked butt on that thing too! And he only weighs around 100 pounds, but he hooked quick! I would think I could be able I pull them tires if a stock raptor could. But I might buy a 13t front sprocket incase.

Yeah, it even rained and they watered the track down and people was spinning. A built yfz with ohtsus said he only got alittle bit of traction when he normally hooks up pretty quick.

Oh, and there was a guy up there with some type of bigger 8 inch paddles on his LTR. First race, he spun the whole time so he switched them bout with some type of regular tires.
    - 1984 CR125r Project

You should be able to find some smokin deals on AMS Zippers (in house Parts Unlimited brand). They are similar to the tire design you're looking for.

I dont know if they even make them anymore...but did you look at.Pure Sports Realtors? 10 years ago a bunch of my riding buddies ran them on their warriors. Those tires climb like no other. Aside from paddles.
    1999 400ex -- Sunday driver ----****SOLD****
    Wiseco 426. 11 :1, Hotcam Stage 2, Curtis Sparks X-6 full exhaust, Houser 450r Probounce nerfs. (black silvervein) Holeshot GNCC's on T-9 Itp baja, Maier carbon fiber plastics, Houser antivibe stem with Renthals/ODI Rouges, Lonestar doublerow carrier, 170 main no lid -- 50/50 turbo blue and 93. '07 450R shocks

2005 450R -- The Sleeper --
    Bumped up compression, stage 2 hotcam,hotrods bottom, Dasa full system, uni filter and jetted, stainless brake lines, rath nerfs and heels, quadtech hood, Fluidyne radiator, ported and polished, houser grabbar, Hinson'd out.

I can't find any zippers under parts unlimited. And I don't really wanna try them pure sports realtors because I don't know anyone that runs them.

I guess my only choice is the 4 snows cause I can't find the zippers and the pro wedge IIs are hard to find. I heard the 4 snows were about a pound lighter in each tire though.
    - 1984 CR125r Project

Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex
    I dont know if they even make them anymore...but did you look at.Pure Sports Realtors? 10 years ago a bunch of my riding buddies ran them on their warriors. Those tires climb like no other. Aside from paddles.
    Dont make'em anymore.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast