Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see em!!

Oh man... are those SAWEET!!!

We no longer have this one , but this is what my Daughter used to race before she moved to a 450.
    Link to build up photos..
    http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/mis...pics_&page=all

CR101 Blaster

one of a kind seat cover that was made for her . One of my faves !

http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I ain't forgot Tom. I believe I do!! Haha

WOW

Those are some sick quads! I really like the pitster Tom, my question is why the kx65? Is there some reason you would choose that motor over another 65 motor?

Reason Im asking, is talking to all my dirtbike friends, they tell me that the ktm 65 is the best motor in that class. I picked up a ktm 65 the other day cheap, and Im thinking about putting that motor in our cobra. Just wondering why you chose the kx over others.
    Thanks bryan
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

Re: WOW

Thanks, we like it too.
    I went with that because I had a KX65 dirt bike my kid played around on. In the begining I wanted the KTM. But I read on alot on mini dirt bike forums and alot of people said the KX w a little bit of work was a great engine. Plus a lot cheaper to maintain.
    Hetrick has the engine now and he said when he's done it will be a runner. Looking forward to that.
    We're talking to a few guys that are on the fence. They are looking at using the KTM85 because they seem to really like those.
    If I could get a KTM cheap I would like to try on of those too.

Thanks again,
    Tom

Originally posted by edwardsp&b
    Those are some sick quads! I really like the pitster Tom, my question is why the kx65? Is there some reason you would choose that motor over another 65 motor?

Reason Im asking, is talking to all my dirtbike friends, they tell me that the ktm 65 is the best motor in that class. I picked up a ktm 65 the other day cheap, and Im thinking about putting that motor in our cobra. Just wondering why you chose the kx over others.
    Thanks bryan

quote:Originally posted by edwardsp&b

Thanks bryan

Stock VS stock the KTM engine is the fastest,about 2-3 moore crank hp in the KTM.We usually see the same diffrence with the 85cc.I think from 09 the 65cc KTM got better low end torque.But!if you are going to have your engine built anyway the Kx engine is as god a starting point as anything else.
    Stein A
    Wiik Hansen Racing
    2011 Apex 250 F
    2013 Yamaha Raptor 250R
    2008 Apex MXR Polini BB Evo
    2007 Honda TRX 450R My Ride

My biggest concern is the pipe. Should i just take the afmkt pipe from the ktm, cut it to fit then weld it back up. Or have someone build a pipe for me?

Ive already got the motor and it was just built for national mx, it really rips. I was thinking of selling it and just doing the rm85 conversion, but with Ben being 9 im not sure i want to race 90mod just yet. Thats when i started thinking about the ktm.....
    Since I have it and it could run 70mod at Nat's.....

Im pulling my hair out trying to get out of CVT's
    Bryan

Sorry to hijack this thread.
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

09 and up ktm 65s have power valves and a real broad power band, that with the O.E.M hydraulic clutch may make the transition to shifting easier.. But pull out your wallet because they are pricey.

Ours

I'm sure alot of you will recognize this mini... There are some changes planned.... Cobra framed KX65
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 Buff Daddy, D15, Indiana MX Champ
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ
    '12 Indiana State Champ 70cc Prod and 90cc Stock
    WWW.JOSHUAGRAHAMRACING.COM

TRX310R

Selfmade Honda crf 150r based quad

2011 sponsors:
    Pro Armor
    Outlaw Racing Products
    Rocket Exhaust