Thread: RM 85 in cobra

RM 85 in cobra

We are building a cobra mod and need some help. Can someone help me with pipe. Do you buy a specific one that someone builds aftermarket or do you try to fab a dirtbike pipe to fit? Also any pics would be great. Is there any cutting of the frame to make this work? Thanks...

Your gonna need a pipe made for that frame.......Trackside is probably your best bet. I've got this set-up in my garage now (delivering to Loretta's). PM me a cell number and I'll send you some cell pics. It will be after noon - workin Mids.
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

cobra

I sent you a pm..

We have three different pipes on three different bikes. One is a stock Cobra 70 pipe with an adapter. One is a Trackside custom pipe made for the bike and motor. One is a R&D motorcycle pipe that I bent to fit. The R&D is the one we chose to use on our primary race bike.

Marrs
    Coultin Gist #225
    Raptor 250
    Cobra w\rm85

Sponsors:
    Hetrick Racing
    SMX Optics
    Race Tech
    Torc1 Racing
    Baxter Racing Academy

I have the complete setup for that bike..

Cam Covils proven RM85 Complete motor
    Carb
    Electronics
    Trackside cobra pipe (coated)

Sell as a complete package for an awesome deal
    "IN ORDER TO FINISH FIRST, FIRST YOU MUST FINISH"

NeveReady Racing

#06 Taj Meyer
    Supermini, Schoolboy SR
    #60 Spencer Meyer
    70 MOD, 90 MOD JR

2013 sponsors and support
    CPR-Tracy Covil
    Maximum RPM-Justin Hall
    Triple A power sports-Scott
    Dons Custom Cycle-Donny Loos

Who's Cam Covil? LOL

pipe

gistmarrs
    have three different pipes on three different bikes. One is a stock Cobra 70 pipe with an adapter. One is a Trackside custom pipe made for the bike and motor. One is a R&D motorcycle pipe that I bent to fit. The R&D is the one we chose to use on our primary race bike.

I have the R&D dirtbike pipe, is this what you used? If so what had to be bent. It looks not even close to me. This would be awsome if I could make it work.

neveredy I would entertain your offer but I just bought this set up. But thanks. Would you sell just the pipe lol?

If I remember correctly, that pipe needed to be bent at the first 90 deg. turn to open it up there so that it didn't hit the frame. Then it needed to be bent at the stinger to exit at the right angle. I know I had to change the mount on the silencer also to get it to mount right.

This pipe definitely didn't make the bike feel fast, but it was the fastest combination for us. It's just smooth power without the hard hit. The opposite of the YZ motor and Trackside pipe. I may use that combination on a flat track setup.

By the way, I will be selling three Cobra mods in the next couple of months. Frames are at the powder coaters now.
    Coultin Gist #225
    Raptor 250
    Cobra w\rm85

Sponsors:
    Hetrick Racing
    SMX Optics
    Race Tech
    Torc1 Racing
    Baxter Racing Academy

Thanks man I will look at it again when I get home. Keep me informed on the cobras.