Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something wrong with my Laegers arms ?

i think the top arm should be around 11.5-12 inches and the bottom should be like 15.5 inches for +2
    '89trx250R Prd narrow/protrax/fox.

that's the exact length of my arms...
    Top arm: 12inch
    Lower arm: 15.5inch

What aftermarket frame is that? I think my +2's measured the same 12 and 15.5-ish with a tape. I measured them last week for another guy. I will verify tonight.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

re: hub styles...

86-87 use the same bearing for inner and outer. no taper on spindle spud

88-89 use same inner bearing as 86-87, smaller outer bearing.

88 has stud of size needed for outer and then steps up to slightly larger diameter for inner bearing. this step is also used to support outter bearing inner race

89 has tapered area between inner and outer bearing surfaces. a tapered spacer is used between inner and outer bearing

just an FYI. I learned the hard way ($$ for parts that didnt work) that 88 &89 were different

I agree with who ever said the +2 lowers and +1 uppers
    86, 87, & 88 x 2 TRX250R's, 05 450R, couple 88 blasters, couple 85 350x's, 87/85 TRX350XR hybrid, 88 zilla, 92/87 Hybrid LT250/500R, & JP Racing Outlaw chassis w/ LT500R HRD motor

Humor me here. Adjust those upper ball joints out a touch and throw some hubs and tires on the front and get the quad on the ground and put someone on it so it's at ride height and we'll see what we got.

Just got home and measured my aarms

My upper's from center of the ball joint to the axis of the two frame mounts is approx 12"

The lowers from center of ball joint to axis of the two frame mounts is approx 14.5"

They are Laeger +2 LT aarms... fwiw.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

I think you need different/longer threaded ball joints.

I have threads showing on each side, yours dont seem to have any threads showing on either side based on the pics. Plus i have a locking nut on the lower ball joint as well (couldnt see if yours had them in the pics)

Here is a pic of mine:

^ might be on to something cause i noticed mine were hella long compared to yours also
    '89trx250R Prd narrow/protrax/fox.

Re: Something wrong with my Laegers arms ?

Originally posted by JohnBeton
    I installed my laegers +2+1 arms on my JP Outlaw frame, but something seemes wrong. The balljoints don't go straight in the knuckle and there is a lot of tension on the balljoints.

I'm using stock shocks. My first idea is the shocks are to long, or the top arm is to short.
    Maybe I mounted something the wrong way, but I can't figure it out...

Here are some pictures of them:

Is it just me or in this pic does the top a arm mounts not look wide enough? i believe this is called frame rake? Doesnt look like theres enough? like the a arm mounts are straight up and down from the bottoms?
    Caution! Post Whore!
    Kansas B Class Motocross Racer
    Long Live the 250r!

Re: Re: Something wrong with my Laegers arms ?

Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
    Is it just me or in this pic does the top a arm mounts not look wide enough? i believe this is called frame rake? Doesnt look like theres enough? like the a arm mounts are straight up and down from the bottoms?
    It does look a bit different. I have a lonestar and a laeger frame. ON both, top arm mounts on frame are 1 inch wider than bottom. In other words measure left to right side, top mounting holes are 2 inches wider than bottom. Also have the +2 laeger arms and top ball joint has much more threads exposed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast