Thread: Rev limiter at idle when cold????????

Rev limiter at idle when cold????????

Ok Modded my Z. Now when the engine is cold it acts as if there is a Rev Limiter when I put it in gear. When the engine warms up and is warm, the engine runs fine. This is not a big issue because having the engine warmed up before I apply power is not a bad thing. I am just more curious why this may be happening. I did install a Dyna F/S, but did try my old ignition (same results) before I discovered that this problem goes away when the engine warms up. Also has an Edelbrock carb. Any ideas?

Sounds like an eddy carb problem. I dont know much about edelbrock carbs like I do FCR39. Do you have the stock carb laying around? If so, try switching them to diagnose the problem.

Problem with that is that I traded the stock carb for the Eddy. I do have a stock carb that I ordered off of ebay but I really don't know if that is any better. I tried to get the guy to hold off on the trade while I got the carb from ebay but he would not wait (my thinking was that I knew my carb was good and I didn't know anything about the one off of ebay).