Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something wrong with my Laegers arms ?

Something wrong with my Laegers arms ?

I installed my laegers +2+1 arms on my JP Outlaw frame, but something seemes wrong. The balljoints don't go straight in the knuckle and there is a lot of tension on the balljoints.

I'm using stock shocks. My first idea is the shocks are to long, or the top arm is to short.
    Maybe I mounted something the wrong way, but I can't figure it out...

Here are some pictures of them:

Have you adjusted the top ball joints as far out as they will go? You may also want to make sure the bottom are in as far as they go (they look like they are)

If that doesnt work, you may want to measure the top/bottom arms. Post the measurements and we can probably tell you if they are correct.

yes, they are as far out as possible. I'll measure the arms asap.

What spindle is that?
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

the spindles look like there from an 86R
    07 TC/JB yfz450

Thanks to www.ohiointernationalraceway.com

the spindles are from an '87 250r

i thought 87's had the solid spindles and not the bolt on part like 86's?
    CURRENT RIDE:
    1986 trx250r, lsr swingarm, works shocks front and rear, and just a tad bit of motor work

2007 ltr450: gone but never will be forgotten

I was more concerned with the actual shape of the spindle spud neither of my 89's look like that, there is more taper from the end towards the flange... ...again, I might be wrong about the 86 spindles. I don't remember for sure...

basically what I was getting at, was the end towards the nut on my 2 spindles are smaller OD, than the inside bearing contact OD? I didn't realize the 86 spuds were different too...

At any rate, if you take a measurement on the top aarms, I can tell you if they are the same as my Plus 2 Laegers. I have the same aarms, except they are the Long travel versions.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

i just went and looked cause i have the same set with 89 spindles that came with my 250 and the 89 spindle seems way different like troy said also it looks like yours are set for like max negative camber imagine a wheel on that spindle it would be like a 60 degree angle
    '89trx250R Prd narrow/protrax/fox.

The spindles look just like my 86 spindles. I have no idea what the spindles for a 87 look like so can't comment on if they are 87's.

I would say your lower arms are +2, but the upper arms are +1. I am guessing you bought these used. maybe the seller had a set of +2 and +1 arms and got them mixed up? Post up some measurements and I am sure someone can compare.

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2013 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Dirttricks.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast