Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cooling System With Pics

Hybrid View

400EX Custom Cooling (lots of pics)

This is the stock fittings, like i said before you have to grind the clamps to seperate these from the stock rubber hose, pretty simple to do just wear your goggles

These particular two come from the hose that runs from the bottom end of the motor to the bottom of the oil tank

A 8AN SS Braided hose fits pretty snug over these two fittings, rubber ones more snug than teflon ones

you will need 1/2" worm clamps to seel them on, or atleast that is what i used

im going to be uploading alot of pics on this thread, so they will keep coming
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 TRX400EX
    Red/Orange powdercoated frame--Full Yoshimura Exhaust ((Titanium Header Wrap)) --450R front shocks--+1 CFM Aluminum Oil Tank--Aluminum Oil Cooler--SS braided Lines--5.2" Spal Fan--CFM Aluminum Airbox--Uni Air Filter--DG Nerfs--Pro Taper Handle Bar

Still in progress of ground up build

This is the same two stock fittings with 8AN SS rubber hose on it

There is 2 Worm Clamps sealing each fitting
    2003 TRX400EX
    Red/Orange powdercoated frame--Full Yoshimura Exhaust ((Titanium Header Wrap)) --450R front shocks--+1 CFM Aluminum Oil Tank--Aluminum Oil Cooler--SS braided Lines--5.2" Spal Fan--CFM Aluminum Airbox--Uni Air Filter--DG Nerfs--Pro Taper Handle Bar

This is what i used to cut my hoses to my desired length

keep in mind guys whenever you are building custom hoses, you need to do a mock up

i put the stock fittings in there spots, then laid the hose across them to see what length i needed, dont just go cuttin ****, cuz you might cut it to short then you will have to get another hose!
    2003 TRX400EX

This is the line that goes from the bottom end of the motor to your right side of the oil cooler

the picture is color coded to show you the different pieces

this line ues a stock fitting that goes to the motor, a 6AN line fits snugly over it and clamped with two worm clamps

I used a 6AN line from siliconeintakes.com on this one, the inside is made of teflon equivelant material

the 8AN to 6AN reducer connects the 8AN Female 2 Female to the 6AN adaptor

The female to female connects to the 8AN outlet on the cooler
    2003 TRX400EX

This is the line that goes from the top of the oil tank(obviously) to your left side of the oil cooler

it utilizes the stock fitting that goes to the top of the tank, and a 8AN SS braided line fits over it snugly with 2 worm clamps

the line runs to the 8AN adaptor that connects to the oil cooler
    2003 TRX400EX

This black piece is the bracket i made to connect it to the stock mounting points, i just used some cheap sheet metal and cut it to fit, i still need to make brackets to secure it from the bottom

The pink circles is where it is bolted to the cooler

The yellow circles is where it bolts to the stock points on the frame

The white circles are the mounting tabs that hold the spal fan onto the cooler

I might make another bracket the same shape again outta better metal tom.
    2003 TRX400EX

This is my entire cooling system, the black hose is a stock hose that runs from the top of the tank to the valve cover

+1 Quart CFM aluminum oil tank

8AN and 6AN SS braided hoses

CXRacing Oil Cooler---Core size is 9.75x5x2 inch

5.2" SPAL Puller fan
    2003 TRX400EX

This is the cooler mounted to the frame

the white circles show where it is bolted up, i also have a rubber grommet inbetween the frame and the bracket
    2003 TRX400EX

Front side view
    2003 TRX400EX

Another pic, sorry for the wiring in the way, we are still building this bike, lots of mocking up
    2003 TRX400EX

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast