Thread: Ds450 Problems?

Ds450 Problems?

What are some problems that the Ds450s have.? Motor issues? That hollow rear axle? Just looking for a heads up of what i may be getting into. Im trying to decide if i should make the switch from honda to can am. Any advice. The bike im lookin at is a 2009 base model. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
    08 Trx450r
    JB / Fox
    Rath
    Sparks
    Durablue

05 Trx 450r
    JB / Axis
    Quinn -In Peices-
    DASA
    LSR

We've owned a 09 for 1.5 years, very built motor and put it through lots of MX never had any issues. Some have seen frame cracks by the upper arms attach which we have fixes and prevention for. Also some have seen case cracks by the swing arm bolt we weld of use epoxy to prevent.

We bent the axle but most don't. The motors issue is the head, valves, ports, are too big and it's hard and costly to get reliable power compared to HON, but when you do most love the light weight to power ratio and handling.

I've been thru 3 trx frames so i take it these are worse than the hondas to break frames.? Im trying to pick between a decked out Trx or a 09 Ds450 pretty much stock. Which one you think. It will be raced... Hard. lol
    08 Trx450r
    JB / Fox
    Rath
    Sparks
    Durablue

05 Trx 450r
    JB / Axis
    Quinn -In Peices-
    DASA
    LSR

Ours has been raced national MX mid to upper A, in the region pro, and we have had no issues. You'll need a simple doubler in the front of the DS and it will last, some epoxy on the case and it will be fine. If you decide on the DS come out here I will show you what to do with some pics.

Alright thanks alot for the help man. Ill let ya know what i decide to go with
    08 Trx450r
    JB / Fox
    Rath
    Sparks
    Durablue

05 Trx 450r
    JB / Axis
    Quinn -In Peices-
    DASA
    LSR