Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

Originally posted by lem dad
    I am not sure I understand all this for years all we heard was wish the big 4 would step up and yamaha has done it but some still want to say go with china quads the pister is a great quad but and motor parts are cheap so is some of the qualty but it is still a copy motor the yamaha is its own motor and they have a dealer network and shops will service it the other brands are hit and miss just think about how many brands have went out of biz and good luck finding parts for some of them I have Xtreme 150 in my shop that I cannot locate a stator for how many of you would buy a knock off 450 or rhino ?
    I ve been there with the parts thing to many times
    If you have an Xtreme in your garage that you can't find a stator for you can't possibly be looking too hard. When the China quad is just as good (if not better) than the name brand machine that's more than enough for me to purchase the China bike. Just because it says Yamaha on it doesn't make it better. Christian Horne has jumped the hell out of his Pitster in completelyl stock trim all last season and didn't have the 1st frame issue. Don't sound to me like the quality on the bike is cheap at all. I haven't heard of the 1st issue with the Pitster frame. I've heard more than enough about the Rappy's frame as well as the battery falling through it's carrier. So explain which one is designed with cheap in mind? From what I hear, Yamaha used a smaller tubing and made short cuts on the frame to save costs. Just what I heard...
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Rod I don,t know how long your son has raced but you got a lot to learn an as far as a stator I deal with most china parts and xtreme made there system a little diff onlt time will tell

It's Rob lol. This is Jams 2nd year of racing. But what does that have to do with the bikes? You don't have to be around racing your whole life to understand one bike vs the other do you? Our Typhoon (which is still dubbed China Junk) competes with whatever you throw at it. That's not because it was one of the best designed Mini's on the market. Due to the availability of better products over the last 2-3 years I've built it to compete with the best on the market. Was it a headache...? YES! But just like the Jap bikes these guys are doing R&D on race parts as well as parts to cure the problems in the old style China motors. Who would have thought Yoshi, Pro Circuit, HMF, Two Brothers, and the list goes on would have exhaust systems for these China motors. I'm not saying there aren't problematic China bikes out there. What I am saying the Pitster IS NOT one of them. Spend your money on the Rappy and when some kid on a Pitster is neck and neck with your son/daughter off the gate (If not running away from him/her)remember this post bud . You'll have ALOT more money dumped into your Rappy. That's not opinion that's fact!

As far as your Xtreme and the Stator, if it's a Typhoon there are several options on a replacement stator. The only thing you'll have to do is rewire. Someone that deals in Pitbike parts would have known that. Replace, rewire, ride...

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

lemdad, Arent the new LEM's the old Xtremes????

I will stand behind Rob here, he has no issues getting parts and gets them fast. His "china junk" will outrun 2fast quads that cost in upwards of $10k. I bet some of these have more money in their overall suspension setup than he has in the whole quad including the elkas, motor work, custom arms and swinger!
    If my son was gonna run a mini for another year I would buy the pitster and Rob would build it and we would own the class enuff said!
    when you see his "china Junk" outrunning blasters & raptor 250s you will believe too.
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports
    RTR Performance Racing Engines

Originally posted by greenmachine70
    lemdad, Arent the new LEM's the old Xtremes????

I will stand behind Rob here, he has no issues getting parts and gets them fast. His "china junk" will outrun 2fast quads that cost in upwards of $10k. I bet some of these have more money in their overall suspension setup than he has in the whole quad including the elkas, motor work, custom arms and swinger!
    If my son was gonna run a mini for another year I would buy the pitster and Rob would build it and we would own the class enuff said!
    when you see his "china Junk" outrunning blasters & raptor 250s you will believe too.
    Well, we're not running away from the 2Fast bikes. In terms of performance I think we're pretty equal. As for outrunning Blasters and Raptors that's not gonna happen lol. Due to the weight of Jams bike we come off of the gate with them but that's about where it ends. Like I said, ANY of those bikes will win. It's simply a matter of where you want to spend your money and how much of it you want to spend.

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works