Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

Re: parts

Originally posted by Ryko racing
    I actually found the Japanese parts to be really fair priced.

I think the cost for the valves is due to them being titanium.

We found the oem parts to be 30 40 percent cheaper than our Cobra stuff.

Good luck
    Yeah, you're right about the Ti Valves. They do pretty much double the cost. Check out these prices between the 2 engines and you'll see what I'm talking about.

TTR125 engine
    http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/ttr125.html

Pitster parts
    http://stores.wholesale-cycle.com/-s...Categories.bok

Pitster complete motors
    http://shop.pitsterpro.com/engine/mini-pit-bike.aspx
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

There is a guy ath the track with a stock pitster, and he beat a cobra 70!!!!
    The iMac/Apple/iPod/iPhone/iPad/Macbook guy.

The frame on the Raptor 125 is plenty strong for regular use - if you run it into a wall or a rock/tree/fence, you will probably damage just about any type of frame.

I had the opportunity to attend the 125 press intro, which consisted of about 25 or so mature, adult men (and a few of us ladies) romping the pi$$ out of those little 125's for two days on a MX track. And when I say two days, I mean....pretty much 6 or so solid hours each day of constant riding.

I was curious to see how these would hold up.....and I have been to press intros before where, if you are the second wave, there are already machines sitting on the sideline and out of commission by the time the second wave gets there.

Not true here......those little 125's not only handle awesome on the track (thanks to the 250 chassis), but they ARE tough. Yamaha did a great job with this little quad.....

And yes, the motor is based off of the tt125.....which is a proven powerplant.

Good luck to you 125 racers - I think you will be very happy with your choice!!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Nice! I'm hoping we'll have one in our class next season.

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400grl
    [B]The frame on the Raptor 125 is plenty strong for regular use - if you run it into a wall or a rock/tree/fence, you will probably damage just about any type of frame.

What's "regular use"?
    MX, GNCC, WORCs racing or tail riding or back yard riding?

MX, GNCC, WORCS, and anything in between.....it's a 125cc quad -I would imagine the weight of a rider in this class would be even less than what the chassis was designed to handle (seeings as it's the 250 chassis). I wouldn't expect many issues with the frame unless you wreck it or hit something - and like I said, if that's the case, then yeah - you might have some damage to fix, just like with any quad, including my 450.
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Seen a few that have already wadded their 250 Rappy's up with broken, cracked, frames, A-arms, and looking at the 250 & 125 side by side look and weigh about the same. If my memory recollects correctly, I was informed by a few that nearly 15-20 gussets were added to a number of race ready Raptor 250's to keep from breaking. Many of these with aftermarket suspension, under "normal use" rider weight around 100#'s +/-.
    The Rappy's are built like tanks and weigh about as much.
    IMO, unless the rider weighs around 150+#'s, AND has the strength to muscle the quad where they want it I wouldn't see putting anyone less than that on one.

Pitster weighs over 125#'s less, power is similar, costs less, aftermarket add-on's come stock, Motor/Suspension/ Aftermarket Upgrades are being made but not necessary. It's simple math.
    Thanks to both of our sponsors, Me & Me.

Originally posted by Full Throttle00
    Seen a few that have already wadded their 250 Rappy's up with broken, cracked, frames, A-arms, and looking at the 250 & 125 side by side look and weigh about the same. If my memory recollects correctly, I was informed by a few that nearly 15-20 gussets were added to a number of race ready Raptor 250's to keep from breaking. Many of these with aftermarket suspension, under "normal use" rider weight around 100#'s +/-.
    The Rappy's are built like tanks and weigh about as much.
    IMO, unless the rider weighs around 150+#'s, AND has the strength to muscle the quad where they want it I wouldn't see putting anyone less than that on one.

Pitster weighs over 125#'s less, power is similar, costs less, aftermarket add-on's come stock, Motor/Suspension/ Aftermarket Upgrades are being made but not necessary. It's simple math.
    I agree 110%. Have a buddy who's son races an Apex and often practices MX on his Raptor 250. He's only 80pds and has cracked their frame on the Rappy as well . He's still learning after less than a year of racing also. But I have heard about the gussets and if added the frame issues are pretty much taken care of. You'd think Yamaha would correct that after a couple years now. I still applaud them for doing what they have and hope that others will follow their lead on developing a Mini that can be raced.

As for the Pitster and the simple math.... YES IT IS BROTHA!!! But there are still those that will doubt it because it's a Taiwanese bike.

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

But there are still those that will doubt it because it's a Taiwanese bike. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not to mention all the others are as well.

What's even more interesting that the CRaptor & Pitster motors are made side by side in same building
    Thanks to both of our sponsors, Me & Me.

I am not sure I understand all this for years all we heard was wish the big 4 would step up and yamaha has done it but some still want to say go with china quads the pister is a great quad but and motor parts are cheap so is some of the qualty but it is still a copy motor the yamaha is its own motor and they have a dealer network and shops will service it the other brands are hit and miss just think about how many brands have went out of biz and good luck finding parts for some of them I have Xtreme 150 in my shop that I cannot locate a stator for how many of you would buy a knock off 450 or rhino ?
    I ve been there with the parts thing to many times

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast