Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

Originally posted by fomospede
    ive seen quite a few pitsters at the xc races ,they need alot of tuning out of the box to even compare to the drr, apex's .they are a trx90 knockoff . I am a honda guy to the bone and would go blue before racing a pitser my .02
    Yea..... We have a few in our series. Not a bad quad, but they for sure have their issues. I will give credit to Yamaha for stepping it up thou. For now, I'll just stick to the old Honda.lol
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Re: 65

Originally posted by T@AFP
    another angle
    that thing is bad a** i dont even want to know $ that is in that thing!

ive seen quite a few pitsters at the xc races ,they need alot of tuning out of the box to even compare to the drr, apex's .they are a trx90 knockoff . I am a honda guy to the bone and would go blue before racing a pitser my .02
    Alot of tuning to compare with the Drr's/Apex's I disagree unless the Drr/Apex's are modded. If that's the case the 125 won't compete with them. The Pitster (like any other atv from the factory) is totally bottled up when the customer gets it. And it doesn't help that Pitster gears the Quad like they gear their Pitbikes. Drop in the correct gearing, replace that small 22mm carb with a 26mm and add a decent air filter and you'll see a dramatic increase in performance. Do some head work and that same motor will come off the line with the Drr's/Apex's. If it's against the modded (2Fast) Drr's/Apex's it won't be enough. But there are other things you can do to get you there as well.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Go with the yamaha nothing wrong with pister it is a great machine buy you will have better luck getting parts pister has not much of a dealer network the yamaha will be a great race quad we have had a few diff brands over the years parts has always been biggest down fall on most or they go out of bissness yamaha will be around a while I hope the is the end of cvt soon

Re: Re: 65

Thanks, appreciate it. But really compared to my kids CVT it's pretty close to the same cost. As that bike sits w everything on it with out a engine they'll sell for around 10k.

If you think that one is bad a** ,wait till you see the other ones we're working on.... CRF150R's. These are gonna be ridiculous. I can't wait to ride these.
    I'll post some pics later, when they're done.

that thing is bad a** i dont even want to know $ that is in that thing!

Originally posted by lem dad
    Go with the yamaha nothing wrong with pister it is a great machine buy you will have better luck getting parts pister has not much of a dealer network the yamaha will be a great race quad we have had a few diff brands over the years parts has always been biggest down fall on most or they go out of bissness yamaha will be around a while I hope the is the end of cvt soon
    You're not really familiar with Pitster it seems. No, the dealer may not be right around the corner or a couple miles away but Pitster has dealers all across the U.S. It's no different than getting parts for your cvt. One phone call and parts are on the way. As far as the Yami being a great race quad the Pitster will be just as good! We're running a Typhoon and it's one of the best running/handling mini's in Dade City. The Pitster is a better machine out of the box and in my opinion has more potential.

A deciding factor for anyone in determining on choosing between the Pitster and the Yami is how much $ you have to put into the bike. The Pitster motor is NOT going to be as durable as the Yami but is ALOT cheaper to build/repair. With that being said, we've been racing MX for 20 months and have had only 1 DNF and 1 DNS to motor issues. Not bad

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Would I be wrong to say the Pro 125 is just a overpriced Xtreme Typhoon? Granted, the Pitster is better equipped than a Xtreme ,but wouldn't you just strip it down to the frame and build it better anyways???? Upgrade everything, etc... So pretty much with both bikes stripped down and build to the hilt, would the Xtreme come out ahead since the big price difference???? I'm not trying to start anything either. Just naive about both bikes. And the naive person would buy the Extreme or a Pitster.
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Robs quad will outrun fully modded 2fast kits and a 118ccWRH motor. Difference is Jam is only 8 or 9 and gets intmidated by the 13-14yr olds out there, not to mention they have probably 6+yrs experience over Jam. At the last race he owned it for 3 laps but experience of the older riders finally got him. That typhoon was pulling the 2fast motors big time.
    I would love to see Jordan run that quad for one moto, I bet he would be 50yards + at the checkers........
    Biggest difference is several thousand dollars to build.......
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports
    RTR Performance Racing Engines

I really don't think you can compare the Pitster to the Xtreme. The geometry is way better on the Pitster. The frame engineering and chromoly steel tubing is better. The Pitster was designed to be raced. Not a "backyard" quad. Serious thought went in to the concept of this machine. But understand it is a Taiwan built machine. So it does have it's flaws. But those can easily be overcome.
    So my opinion, based on all the testing and R&D, I would think the Pitster is a much better quad.

Snap! I sound like a frickin commercial for them.
    I guess two too many trips to the coffee pot this morning.

Originally posted by airmobile101
    Would I be wrong to say the Pro 125 is just a overpriced Xtreme Typhoon? Granted, the Pitster is better equipped than a Xtreme ,but wouldn't you just strip it down to the frame and build it better anyways???? Upgrade everything, etc... So pretty much with both bikes stripped down and build to the hilt, would the Xtreme come out ahead since the big price difference???? I'm not trying to start anything either. Just naive about both bikes. And the naive person would buy the Extreme or a Pitster.

Originally posted by airmobile101
    A stock Typhoon would need to be stripped and rebuilt for it to be a serious MX bike whereas the Pitster can be run in stock trim and raced as Gary has done this season.

The Typhoon needs:
    1.Stem replaced
    2.Front arms
    3.Shocks (front and rear)
    4.Engine upgrade
    5.Replace the weak axle bearings with stronger race bearings
    6.And mod the stock swinger for the longer rear shock or go aftermarket

You'll have around 4g's in a nicely built Typhoon. I had the patience to find a company to build parts for the Typhoon and did ENDLESS R&D with Jam on how to dial the bike in starting with setup first and motor second. It all paid off and showed the Typhoons TRUE potential the last race at DC. Nice lowend grunt(which helped us to pull out of the corners) and awesome working suspension.

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works