Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

It being a Raptor 250 chassis sold me. I believe I can get the chassis working very well and the engine parts will come along before too long. That's my hope anyway.
    '09 Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR XC Racer
    2010 35+B Class Champion

After racing the pitster with stock suspension all year the chassis has no signs of stress or cracks. The ATV4Play suspension is going on now. Tom did a great job on it. Already know how plush this set up is for the Pitster. We ran stock motor with only bolt on Pitster head so motor needed more mods but did go into the 1st turn at Lorettas in 8th vs. heavily modded Cobras, SCR Hondas & 2 Fast motors. The good news is SCR Modded Honda did take the holeshot and lead for a lap. Same Takegawa parts available for Pitster. Since Pitster comes with chromolly frame that is already proven on MX track this year and already winning GNCC for a couple years with no frame issues, don't know why anyone would want to go to steel with all the Honda's and Cobra's frame problems. I can't see the Yamaha being any different. Just voicing my opinion based on 1 year of racing on the MX track. So, why try a unproven machine when Pitster, ATV4Play,and SCR combo is already proven.
    #7 Christian Horne
    www.christianhorne7.com/

2008 ITP Moose Racing ATVA MX Series
    70 CVT CHAMPION

2012 AMA/ATVA MX Series
    450 C Class - Sozuki 450

Riding in Memory of Justin Brown

Thanks to our 2013 Sponsors
    Specialty Gold Promotions + Maximum RPM + 488 Web Design

I completely agree with you on that Gary! I've heard those SCR built 125's haul the mail so I stand corrected on a 125cc running with the 2Fasts. I really do like the Yami but there's just uncertainty I have about how the motor will perform. It may take a good year or two for good upgrades to be available to run with an already proven machine like the Pitster. I really like Tom's idea on his builds with the Pitster. Those are gonna be some serious contenders next year!!!
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

The motor is supposed to be the same as the ttr 125, Lyle from chp is already working on a pipe for the raptor, and has a number of parts in the works for the motor. As we all know all of the motor builders listed on here use Lyle's parts in one form or another. The big question is, with a manual clutch which class, will it be in, the 90 mod, or will there be a rule change to allow it in the 90 production class.
    Tom @ KIDS ON QUADS

90 production allows hand clutches,

90 auto must idle when in gear

this raptor should be 90 prod legal if Yamaha gets it homologated.
    ATV OUTLAWS RACING TEAM, HONDA EAST TOLEDO,COUNTRY GRAINS BREAD CO.,
    ELKA SUSPENSION, FIERCE POWERSPORTS, PRO TAPER,
    GOODMAN RACING. RAGE ENGINES. FLY RACING, WALSH RACECRAFT, HINSON CLUTCHES,FOURWERX CARBON, MAXIS TIRES

Joe Scarrow trainer/ coach and tech.

Ryan Korody # 925 2014 450B and Production B National Champion

A big concern I have on the Raptor125/250 is the chassis. I just heard of a girl at her first race on a 250. Hit a fence and bend the frame so bad it has to be replaced already. $550.0+ for that one.
    I know Lonestar makes a aftermarket one but big$$ than it's not production.

I guess when more of them are released we can make better decisions.

If it's the TTR motor they're going with one of the biggest concerns to me would be engine performance. From the info I've read the TTR stock is 6-7hp. With a built engine they're saying 10-12hp. My .02, I don't think it will be enough . Especially when it's lugging almost 100 more pounds around than the Pitster.

My second concern is price to upgrade the TTR. For what you would spend for the TTR's on a 150 big bore kit you could add another $100 and purchase a whole new 150 motor for the Pitster as a backup. Overall, the prices for the Yami are going to be almost 3x's or more than that of the Pitster. The performance 26mm carb recommended for the TTR is $270.00 while the performance 26mm carb recommended for the Pitster is only $110.00.

I would post up a couple of sites between the two to show the differences but I don't want to get called out for advertising

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

unless you are racin mod class 125cc is production rules ama and most outlaw 150cc would be cheatin also why would put a 26 carb on it comes with a 29 the ama needs to make a 4 stroke class for minis I still belive the yamaha will be around when the rest are gone If we were stayin in minis we would have one

I was only speaking in terms of "parts for parts" and the prices for those parts. I have a YFZ450 and it's rediculous for what I have to pay for 5 valves. My same reference was for the bigbore as well. Someone just may decide to run in Supermini and from what I'm told the limit is 150cc. So here again, the prices aren't even close.

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

parts

I actually found the Japanese parts to be really fair priced.

I think the cost for the valves is due to them being titanium.

We found the oem parts to be 30 40 percent cheaper than our Cobra stuff.

Good luck
    ATV OUTLAWS RACING TEAM, HONDA EAST TOLEDO,COUNTRY GRAINS BREAD CO.,
    ELKA SUSPENSION, FIERCE POWERSPORTS, PRO TAPER,
    GOODMAN RACING. RAGE ENGINES. FLY RACING, WALSH RACECRAFT, HINSON CLUTCHES,FOURWERX CARBON, MAXIS TIRES

Joe Scarrow trainer/ coach and tech.

Ryan Korody # 925 2014 450B and Production B National Champion

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast