Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

Woud like to see this shootout by someone before next spring of these two quads!. I m ready to get away from all things cvt and scooter based! the two youngest already switched to honda crf 50's and they are the bomb to just go kick them once and ride, hose them off when finished and repeat.

Oldest boy wants to stay with quads and these look like the two best options for playing around on the home track and racing locally.

anyone have opions on the two?

Eric
    '87 250r for sale
    '04 Kawasaki KFX700 - The Faster Orange One

if the raptor 125 holds up as well as the 250 it will be great.

We had a 250 for a practice bike and ran it constant for 1.5 yrs

1 oil change and maybe 3 air filter changes and it was still perfect.
    ATV OUTLAWS RACING TEAM, HONDA EAST TOLEDO,COUNTRY GRAINS BREAD CO.,
    ELKA SUSPENSION, FIERCE POWERSPORTS, PRO TAPER,
    GOODMAN RACING. RAGE ENGINES. FLY RACING, WALSH RACECRAFT, HINSON CLUTCHES,FOURWERX CARBON, MAXIS TIRES

Joe Scarrow trainer/ coach and tech.

Ryan Korody # 925 2014 450B and Production B National Champion

The Pitster will be a cheaper bike to build in the long run as I'm sure parts for the Yami will be alot more expensive. Don't think you can go wrong with either bike though.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

ive seen quite a few pitsters at the xc races ,they need alot of tuning out of the box to even compare to the drr, apex's .they are a trx90 knockoff . I am a honda guy to the bone and would go blue before racing a pitser my .02

We have a Yamaha Raptor 250 that is an awsome practice quad. However, we had to spend a lot of money just for to be a practice quad. I think the Pitster would be easier on the wallet because it comes already mx'ed were as the Yamaha you would have to buy arms, rims, tires, bars, shocks, nerfs, exhaust just to start. The Pitster you could dump all that money in the engine, better shocks. However, I do like the Yami more so than the Pitster.
    IMO Derek.
    Hunter Freeman #122
    08'- Hybrid Raptor CRF 250, FMF,exhaust,rath,precsi stab and anti vibe DWT-G2 rims/Maxxis /RPM axle / lonestar,PEP Shocks.
    08' Raptor 250, Lonestar, Fox,Rath, Hipers,Full Rage engine & exhaust,RPM, Precsion stab
    (2) 2012 kx85s all the goodies
    Thanks to our sponsers:
    Rath, Grandpa, Bhonstadt enterprises.
    Thanks to Ken Gibson
    Thanks to Blommel Motorsports

Depends on what your doing with it.
    MX or XC.

We own a Raptor 250 and 2- Pitsters for MX. One is a 65 mod and they other is the 125cc. Both have Long travel, one with Fox and 1 w/ Elka.
    The Raptor has Long travel with Elka. Concensus is....per my kids opinion. The Pitster handles better. Lighter and easier to throw around. Fits smaller and bigger kids better.
    My take is it's easier to work on. The chassis is chromoly. needs some tweeking to get it right. But when it's done it handles great. The Pister comes with a good starting combination of wheels,tires,pipe,nerfs etc..
    One big factor to me was when/if you have an issue you call Utah and you can get help right away.
    Either is a good choice. Especially vs the bs
    tweeking and maintenance on our CVT's.

The Pitter 125

Attached Images Attached Images

65 mod

another angle

pitster pro

Christian rode a stock Pitster Pro in the ATVA Nationals this year the bike finished every race with no DNS or DNFs. This is the only bike that we have ever had that has finished every race.
    We have checked the frame that has not been gussted and there was not any cracks in the frame. For anybody that knows Christians they know he rides the bikes hard and fast he gives it all he can.
    We are very pleased with the Pitster and look forward to racing it again at the Nationals next year. There will be a few changes to the bike next year.
    In my opinion every bike you buy you are going to have to make changes to race it but the Pitster is easier to to make changes to.
    The company is some of the nicest people to deal with . The bike is the sharpest bike on the market straight out of the box.
    #7 Christian Horne
    www.christianhorne7.com/

2008 ITP Moose Racing ATVA MX Series
    70 CVT CHAMPION

2012 AMA/ATVA MX Series
    450 C Class - Sozuki 450

Riding in Memory of Justin Brown

Thanks to our 2013 Sponsors
    Specialty Gold Promotions + Maximum RPM + 488 Web Design

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast