Originally posted by lem dad
I am not sure I understand all this for years all we heard was wish the big 4 would step up and yamaha has done it but some still want to say go with china quads the pister is a great quad but and motor parts are cheap so is some of the qualty but it is still a copy motor the yamaha is its own motor and they have a dealer network and shops will service it the other brands are hit and miss just think about how many brands have went out of biz and good luck finding parts for some of them I have Xtreme 150 in my shop that I cannot locate a stator for how many of you would buy a knock off 450 or rhino ?
I ve been there with the parts thing to many times
If you have an Xtreme in your garage that you can't find a stator for you can't possibly be looking too hard. When the China quad is just as good (if not better) than the name brand machine that's more than enough for me to purchase the China bike. Just because it says Yamaha on it doesn't make it better. Christian Horne has jumped the hell out of his Pitster in completelyl stock trim all last season and didn't have the 1st frame issue. Don't sound to me like the quality on the bike is cheap at all. I haven't heard of the 1st issue with the Pitster frame. I've heard more than enough about the Rappy's frame as well as the battery falling through it's carrier. So explain which one is designed with cheap in mind? From what I hear, Yamaha used a smaller tubing and made short cuts on the frame to save costs. Just what I heard...