Thread: Pitster pro 125 Vs. Raptor 125

Threaded View

Originally posted by T@AFP
    I really don't think you can compare the Pitster to the Xtreme. The geometry is way better on the Pitster. The frame engineering and chromoly steel tubing is better. The Pitster was designed to be raced. Not a "backyard" quad. Serious thought went in to the concept of this machine. But understand it is a Taiwan built machine. So it does have it's flaws. But thoughs can easily be overcome.
    So my opinion, based on all the testing and R&D, I would think the Pitster is a much better quad.

Snap! I sound like a frickin commercial for them.
    I guess two too many trips to the coffee pot this morning.
    I have to disagree with you on that Tom . Kenny Vaughn designed the Typhoon to be a race bike. Xtreme cut corners on his original design which is why the bike had so many issues once it was released. The frame on the bike is one of the strongest you would have ever seen on a mini. The earlier years lacked a brace underneath the motor which caused them to break. The geometry on the bike is superb as the bike has a low center of gravity and rails the corners very well. Zero tilting no matter how hard he enters the corners. Even when we were at the stock length of 41.5 inches Jam had never had issues with tilting. Now at 46inches that's not even a thoght. Jam can actually whip the bike in the air on jumps. You're talking about a 9yr old that only weighs 70pds moving a 250+pd bike in the air. Is the Pitster a much better quad in stock trim? YES... A much better quad both bikes fully built? Not so sure
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena