Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SJO Race in Muskegon - 8-28-10

Yes, that I am. I don't think I'll be able to make it. Planning on picking up a 450 on Friday but need time to get used to it and go thru it before I race.
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:
    Magos Designs, DWT, Houser Racing, Epic Cam, G4 Graphics, EVS Sports, Hinson and Hygear Suspensions!

probably a smart idea! haha that 450 could run away from you in the whoop section.
    Thanks in 2013 to: DIRT FIEND RACING/O'NEAL/SPY OPTIC/YOSHIMURA/DWT/PRO ARMOR/LEATT/FACTORY BACKING
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

Ha! Yes it could! My 250x was a bear because of the 400ex shocks - they aren't forgiving at all but atleast the one I'm getting has good shocks! I'll practice on my home track a bit Friday and see how it rides - I'll be like a kid in a candy store!
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:
    Magos Designs, DWT, Houser Racing, Epic Cam, G4 Graphics, EVS Sports, Hinson and Hygear Suspensions!

yeah you sure will. i got on my LTR from a moderately-built 400ex and it didn't even compare.

you going honda again?
    Thanks in 2013 to: DIRT FIEND RACING/O'NEAL/SPY OPTIC/YOSHIMURA/DWT/PRO ARMOR/LEATT/FACTORY BACKING
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

Yep - an 05 trx 450r with a good setup in on the radar. After I get used to it, I'll mod the engine a bit over the winter so I can get used to it all over again in the spring. I may just do a 12:1 build so the engine will last longer. I can't see the 14:1 build with the engine holding up longer than a race or two. What setup are you running - the quad looks great!
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

basically stock, minus a few handling goodies and eye candy. since it's already mx width i am sticking with the stock axle and putting fox floats on the stock arms this winter. keeping the motor internally stock until it needs a rebuild... i'll sacrifice a few ponies for dependability too. so power-wise i'll be running bolt-ons only (already have an intake and the "cork" out of the stock pipe, and the factory-installed race fuel map unlocked.. might do a full pipe and programmer this winter too, likely not tho).
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

Well, it's doubtful I'll be there, but if I do show, maybe I'll see you there. Got a busy day on Saturday. Sure would be fun to run though!
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

well i ended up going today. what a horrible failure, lol.

i got work to do for next year.
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

Yeah? Did you finish ok? Any damage to you or the quad?

What class did you run in?
    05 Trx 450r
    08 DRR 90
    Thanks to 2013 Sponsors:

decided to run novice, since there were three guys in the advance class that were very close in points.. wanted to stay out of their way, and i figured everyone had four months of racing under their belt for the summer and this was essentially my first.

anyways, i dumped the clutch off the gate first moto and stalled it. caught back up, made a pass, was going for another in the final corner and the quad cut out and wouldn't start back up. DNF.

second moto i got another bad start, but was still with the pack. started moving up again, but the 180* turn in the middle of the track was getting the best of me; i don't have the muscle stamina back in my left hand/arm yet, so i stalled twice in that corner due to not being able to hold the clutch in far enough to feather thru it. dirt was super sticky and i was running 3psi in my rear tires, so i had no spinning going on.

oh well. felt great to be back out there, and i know what i need to work on for next year.

May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast